TOTALLY frustrated

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 07:42 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I'm 4'11 and 125 lbs. I want to lose 10 more pounds. BUT I seem to be stuck, haven't lost anything for a few weeks and I'm getting FRUSTRATED. I'm working really hard, I exercise at least 1 hour everyday. Now I'm confused as to how many calories I should be eating. on days I don't exercise should I eat 1200? On days I exercise 1300?? I'm pretty active all the time I have 4 kids and I'm constantly on the go. I don't get why my weight isn't coming off. I do eat tons of cereal. I love it, but i make it fit into my calories. Everyone says "you look fine" but I'm not happy. I want to be happy!! I want my middle to be love handle yucky free. I'm just so frustrated that I'm a month and a half into this and only lost 3 lbs! And what about scales? We have the old fashioned line one....it may not even be accurate? I weighed 128.3 when I donated plasma on Thursday...but I was fully clothed (sweatshirt/jeans & shoes). Do all those items add up to 3 lbs? I thought so. So I figured my scale is okay. I don't really want to waste money we don't have on a digital scale....but should I?????? Okay I'm going to exercise. Maybe that will make me feel better.....

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
first off, i just noticed that i had mentioned ur name in another topic as 'tiny dancer' lol it made me laugh just now.

Maybe you need to shock your body with a cheat day once in a while. Ur body may be used to eating 1200 and 1300 so it's nothing special. Maybe have a day or two a week where you eat 1500, then go back to 1200. Don't exercise extra that day just do your norm. It may help

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what Pamala said. I find that when I hit a plateau, if I have a cheat day or meal, it does help.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
in general to lose weight you need to multiply your weight by 10 so 125x10 = 1250 calories a day.

I do weight watchers so I don't do calories but basically at your height and current weight you'd get 20 points a day which is roughly 1000 calories a day plus 35 extra points to spend how you want during the week which is 1750 extra caloires. And you earn 1 point or 50 calories per every 100 calories you burn in exercise that you can eat.

I don't know if that confused you or not. But basically on WW they would have on 1000 - 1250 calories per day and you could earn extra based on how much you burn in exercise.
February 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree w/ pamala on shocking your system. You've been doing this for a while now and your body is getting used to it. What are you doing for excersize? Maybe you need to change that up a little bit.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

February 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
thanks girls, this weekend was a bad one for me too, we had girls weekend w/ my mom and sister, I don't think I did terrible but I probably ate around 1500-1800 a day. (we did exercise though too!!! on Sat we did 30 day shred & cardio max and on sunday we went for a 6 mile walk/run)

I usually do 30 day shred and then 40 minutes of cardio on my treadmill.

wife to Chad
February 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
well maybe you need some more bursts on the treadmill. The best way to get your workout on the treadmill (just in case you didn't know) is to change your intensity. Walk some, jog some, then sprint. I usually walk in the beginning for my warm up, in the middle after an intense sprint at about 6mph and then i do it for my cool down. Otherwise i am jogging between 3.5 mph and 4.5 mph. I sprint from 5mph-6mph.

Are you doing strength training other than what is on 30 day shred? That may help. Your weekend extravagganza may be what you needed. DOn't fret it's gonna come

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like you are getting plenty of cardio.. I would definitely think about adding more strength training.. remember MUSCLE burns FAT!
February 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
okay, how do I do strength training at home?? I have weights (3 and 5 lbs) and those plastic band thingies.

I usually walk 5 minutes at 4 mph and then run 5 minutes at 5 mph. On days I'm really tired I just walk 40 mins at 4 mph. So I should add some 6 mph bursts??? for how long? one minute??? 6 mph is really fast for me b/c I have shorty legs!

wife to Chad
February 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Okay, I'd have to do your calorie calculations to determine if you are eating enough, but honestly with that much activity, it sounds like you are eating too little to be able to properly fuel your activities. When that happens, the body hangs on to as much fat as possible to use for energy use later. I'll be glad to do your calorie workup if you want, I'll just need your age, height, weight, activity level, and measurements (or body fat percentage) to get an accurate number.

As for exercise, I'd suggest adding in some resistance training as well. The weights you have may or may not be enough depending on how strong you are. Women are always afraid of bulking up so they use light weights, not realizing that they are already stronger then that from lifting on kids and carseats and diaper bags and heavy purses, etc. all day everyday. Basically, when you are doing weights, you should lift heavy enough that the last 3 reps feel like you can barely do them. The lighter you go, the more reps you have to do to get that feeling. Low weight and high reps is more for firming up the muscle without bulking up. If you want to build a little definition, you have to go a little heavier and max out at 10-12 reps. For building bulk, you have to go heavy enough to only be able to complete 3-6 reps per set. Whatever weight you decide to use, though, you will need to work every major muscle group and give them at least 2 days before you work that muscle group again. There are a lot of different sites you can go to in order to get the directions for specific exercises. My favorite is the exercise library at ACE Fitness. http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/...C-LowTile-ExLib And as always, if you need a specific program done up, just pm me!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I would love for you to do my calorie workup thanks! I'm 29, 4'11, 125 lbs. Activity level ....I exercise 1 hr a day, clean, laundry, pick up kids from schools...I'd say I'm pretty active...but I do sit at the computer about 1 hr a day and during the week I probably watch 1 hr of tv a night, I try to get 7-8 hrs of sleep at night. I also donate plasma twice a week (if my iron and protein are high enough) on those days I have a harder time getting my exercise done but I usually still do it! I'm also working on running my first 5K this spring.

My BMI is calculated to be 25.2 (i used calorie count) I carry my fat around my middle and in my butt & thighs more. do you need a picture? I can upload a more recent one if you need me too.

measurements
arms ~ 11 inches
chest (above boobs) 33 inches
around belly ~ 35 inches
hips ~ 36 inches
thighs ~ 21 inches

wife to Chad
February 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonya you rock!

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 10th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Bumped for Tonya! thanks!!!

wife to Chad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search