New Here

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
Ok, forewarning, I have massive stretch marks! I was 140 lbs before I became pregnant with my second son. I was 207 lbs at the end of that pregnancy so yea, my skin went through some major work trying to cover the load.

Here is me before, estimated date of pic is January '08.

Here is my belly, after 2 weeks of diet and exercise.

Hi everyone!
My name is Stacey, 28 yrs old, mom of 2 boys ages 2 & 1.
I recently started dieting and exercising again.
I have my goal calorie limit included in my siggie as well as my exercise routine. Sometimes I do the cardio tae bo and other days I do the tae fat burner accelerator routine.
I lost a pound fairly quickly but since then I've maintained the same weight. I take pics of my belly once a week and although the scale isn't changing my belly sure is!
I can post those pics later if anyone is interested.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else does Tae Bo?

I also thought this might be a good place to get some motivation on those days when I don't feel like working out!

I wish everyone well in their weight loss/fitness goals!

February 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I have done Billy Blanks boot camps before, but I've never done Tae Bo. Good luck with your weightloss!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
yes post pictures and all that. the more you participate the more we get to know you and all that good stuff. we have a collective weight loss goal for all the ladies that we are starting, so that's a good way to get in some motivation.

Welcome! and i hope to see you around

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I dont think i've tried Tae-bo.. a while back I read about some people were getting injured while doing it.. so i never bought into it... i have enough injuries on my own so I couldnt' risk getting further injured.

But i'm not sure if it was legit.. but it was enough to turn me off from it.. so don't take my word for it.
February 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Hi and Welcome!! I don't do Tae-Bo either.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 9th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can see a difference!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
i've done it before and WHEW its a workout. I have like the advanced tape or something?!

your belly looks great!

<3
February 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i did tae bo back in like 2000 when i was about 15-20 lbs overweight. I did that with xenedrine lol.

I did lose weight though and i could only tolerate 15 minutes of tae bo but at least i did something.

I am not to into kickboxing at the moment.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Welcome! I've done Tae Bo in the past but gave away my tapes because I wasn't really thrilled with them. I'm a certified kickboxing instructor and Billy, while he is great to look at, sometimes doesn't teach proper form or do the same number of reps on both sides. I know the reps thing was his editors, but the form thing bothered me. He teaches as if everyone is an expert and most people are not, so they don't know the modifications for various injuries or issues and he didn't show modifications in the tapes I had. That is why so many people were getting hurt. As long as you know your limitations and modify if needed, it is a good intense workout, though. Just be careful with it. You might also want to add in some strength training and flexibility training to balance out your program so you will get the best results. And if there is anything you need, just ask!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search