Oh My

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I ordered the 2-item combo and they messed it and gave me 1 of the wrong items so they went back and gave me the correct item as well (even though I said no it was ok) so I ended up with a 3 item combo

And I made the mother of all diet mistakes, I went to the restaurant starving. That meal, even though I didn't eat it all was 30 points! Yikes.

But I was a good girl and counted all of it. I have very few flex points or WPA's whatever you want to call them now left for the week and it is my birthday this week. Fortunately we are celebrating it until Saturday and my points will reset on Friday.

Anyhow, lessons learned:

1) Do not eat a chevy's
2) Do not go to a restaurant starving
February 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Happy birthday this week! I'm sure you'll do just fine despite this.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 08:11 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well at least you learned your lesson .. lol

but next time think of it like this.. especially when you are deciding whether to throw out perfectly good (and by perfectly I also mean the half eaten sandwichs your kids dont' eat) food or reject it.... tell yourself.. It's not a waste... Would I rather that just ditch it or carry it on my body as fat for the rest of my life? If you look at it like.. it's easy to choose.
February 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
eating out and restaurants are my weakness so i fully understand. We went to a birthday party this saturday and they didn't have us seated till after 9pm, i normally eat between 5-6pm, so i was starving. I had already researched that hushpuppies are a no go...but with them fresh and hot and me being hungry, i ate 4 YIKES...then i ate my fish and all my salad and y baked potato. i didn't get dressing on the side and i am sure they don't use the low fat. I didn't even ask.

same thing happened the next day. So yeah starving and going to a restaurant period is sometimes a no no...

somewhere deep inside we have to listen to ourselves when our better conscious is saying 'no no don't eat it' lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a similiar experience this weekend. DH and I went out for Val. Day and I thought I could control myself...well, not when it was a buffet of mostly seafood! I think I'm back on track now though! Good for you for counting the points!

February 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Congrats for being accountable for it! Sometimes, that is half the battle. The good news is that when you get your body use to eating 6-7 small meals a day, your stomach will shrink so that even when you want to splurge at places like that, you can only eat a little bit of it. Its taken a few years for me, but now I can control my portions based on what will fit in my stomach not what is served to me, so I don't have to stress so much at restuarants. We had Chinease last night for example, and I've eaten 3 times on my one meal of sesame chicken and rice and there is still about half of it left in the fridge. Just keep working on it, and you'll get there too!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
yep tanya is right, i remember when i could just eat and eat but even when we go out, i will want to eat it all but my stomach says NO WAY

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search