What are you trying to do differently?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 09:12 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
For those that are doing the challenge and those who aren't....what are you doing or trying to do differently than before. It could be as simple as watching your coffee intake, eliminating certain snacks, incorporating weights etc...

We want this month to be better than January, so how will you try to improve it?

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 10th, 2009, 09:25 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
My food is slightly flopping. I'm eating good in the aspect of points and calories, etc but I'm eating the same couple of things over and over.. blech. I need to make a good grocery run!

ETA: I am doing the stationary bike almost daily and I am doing the stability ball exercises daily so I think that will make a difference.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 10th, 2009, 10:17 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I need to start doing more strength work-outs. I just don't know where to begin....

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 10th, 2009, 10:19 AM
dorkymommy
I'm actually getting up and moving! *gasp* and not only that...I've begun pushing myself. When I start to feel things get hard...I go a couple more minutes! Not pushing myself to the point of pulled muscles...but to the point where I actually feel like I'm doing something right! I think it's awesome! I've also been watching what I eat and measuring it out....I haven't been eating the best, but I'm eating less at a time when I do. I'm getting there!
February 10th, 2009, 10:27 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
More workouts, more fruits and veggies....less fat!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm definitely eating more fruits and veggies. I'm trying to eat more conscientiously than I did when I was pregnant. I kind of let myself go to a point then. I'm trying to get back to my prepregnancy willpower.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no beer, ect. increasing resistance during workouts...

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to be making these new lowfat recipes I have been making a normal part of our dinner rotation. What has happened in the past is I only use them when I am dieting then I go back to our old standbys and I gain the weight back. So these new lower fat, lower calorie dinners will be our every day dinners.
February 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still sticking to my same routine.. only because we're still doing Shred and i still have 2 more weeks of Power90. but as soon as those are done.. i'll be changing up my workouts quite a bit.
February 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm going to try and up my water intake. Is 64 oz the amount that they say you should have? I'm only reaching about 32-48 oz a day now. I've also decided to start using dailyplate again and to really try to stick to the correct portion size of things. I might buy a food scale today if I can find one. They didn't have them at walmart last time I was there. I'm going to try to get some exercise in everyday instead of every other day. Even if it's only going for a walk or doing some extra crunches.

February 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just bought a new double jogging stroller for the babies that should be here today! As long as the temp is decent I will be walking to pick up the girls from school in the afternoons. It will be about 1 3/4 hilly miles round trip. Plus I want to increase water and go back to my rule of nothing to eat after 7:30 pm.
February 10th, 2009, 12:23 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
oooh I likey ladies!

I have been changing my workouts. I try not to do the same routine all the time, I don't want my body getting used to the same things over and over. I have also done a lot of strength training, which i would normally give up on. I am definitely feeling muscles in places i haven't felt them in a long time and i can tell in the mirror a little bit.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search