late night eating...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So about over a month ago I quit taking my wight loss drug cocktail, so i called it... it worked well, but i started feeling really sluggish, i wasn't sure if it was the meds or a combination of things... but the fact is i have much more energy now that i am off the meds... so the reason i write about it is because, ever since i have had a hard time with eating in general *the meds controlled hunger* ... i wouldn't say i am eating the wrong things (because i buy only good or semi good things at the store) but my portions have gotten bigger, and I've been eating cereal before bedtime...
Our microwave broke, and I am not replacing it... so we've been cooking on the stove more, which requires olive oil... (because I wont use Pam, or anything weird to coat my pan) I know its really fattening and perhaps I dont realize how much of it I consume... i realize that living a healthy life style is trials and errors, and i am QUEEN trial and error, but i have been struggling latley with what's on my plate...

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I find if I'm not watching things very closely I tend to eat like my skinny DH who can eat just about anything. I have to accept while he can eat all day long and not gain an ounce I can not. I also need about 1/2 of what he can put away. *sigh* It sucks.
February 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Quote:
So about over a month ago I quit taking my wight loss drug cocktail, so i called it... it worked well, but i started feeling really sluggish, i wasn't sure if it was the meds or a combination of things... but the fact is i have much more energy now that i am off the meds... so the reason i write about it is because, ever since i have had a hard time with eating in general *the meds controlled hunger* ... i wouldn't say i am eating the wrong things (because i buy only good or semi good things at the store) but my portions have gotten bigger, and I've been eating cereal before bedtime...
Our microwave broke, and I am not replacing it... so we've been cooking on the stove more, which requires olive oil... (because I wont use Pam, or anything weird to coat my pan) I know its really fattening and perhaps I dont realize how much of it I consume... i realize that living a healthy life style is trials and errors, and i am QUEEN trial and error, but i have been struggling latley with what's on my plate...[/b]

You can use ICBINB spray instead of olive oil. But you should know that olive oil is good for you. Not to mention it's good you don't use Pam. Cooking spray tears up the teflon coating on non-stick cookware so I never use it. (I have brand new Pampered Chef cookware.) If I use anything it's olive oil (in the Pampered Chef spritzer) or butter, etc.

Weight Watchers allows 2 tsp. per day of healthy oils (canola, flaxseed, olive and safflower) and you don't have to count them against you. It's good to have some healthy fats. Keeps the system running smoothly.

About the late night eating, I'm with you! I love a huge bowl of cereal at night. It's so hard to resist!

Quote:
I find if I'm not watching things very closely I tend to eat like my skinny DH who can eat just about anything. I have to accept while he can eat all day long and not gain an ounce I can not. I also need about 1/2 of what he can put away. *sigh* It sucks.[/b]
Isn't it unfair?! My husband is 5'11" and weighs 135 lbs......

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I didn't know about that other spray. I use olive oil spray i am guessing it's the same as pam. I haven't had any issues with my t-fal pans though.

I also love a bowl of cereal at night. Matter of fact, that'll be my late lunch/snack lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 10th, 2009, 01:10 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I used 0 calorie spray or EVOO to coat my pans. I never use very much. And I usually eat cereal as my late night snack as well....I've tried going to bed hungry and then I lay there and toss and turn and it stinks

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had issues with Pam either... and when I do use reg veg oil or olive oil.. i use very little.. i've found out that a little goes a long way.
February 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
So the traditional Pam is plastic... right??? I know the chem. are really REALLY bad for you.... I do have olive oil spray... here is the catch, is it EVOO? If so, what quality? I've heard EVOO can be a rip if you dont know what you are buying... however, we are so broke momentarily that i buy the cheapest brand, always.... I am trying to stear away from teflan... (how do you spell?) another product that is horrible for you... i am working really hard to become more green... but i will always have guilty little pleasures... like diet coke... sprite.... or something ridiculously saltly...

Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

February 11th, 2009, 07:11 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
hahaha I feel you on both accounts. I do GREAT all day and then come 7 or 8 I crash and burn. Like you said, its relatively healthy but munching and munching isn't good even if its fricken tofu LOL.

OH and my husband is 6'2 and weighs 145. I SOOOOO feel you.

<3
February 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I hate that snacking at night has gotten such a bad rap. It's not really bad, its the bad choices of foods that are bad. The body doesn't know that it is midnight, it just knows it needs fuel, so if you are hungry, eat! Just make it a healthy choice. Whole grain cereals and skim milk are a healthy choice.

As for the oils/cookwear, I try to avoid any coated cookware because they are chemically treated and can rub off into food too. I use cooking spray because the aerosol chemicals are less offensive to me then the teflon chemicals. (No particular reason, just a quirk of mine.) I also use olive oil, but very little of it, when I have to fry something. Usually, I just bake it or sautee it in broth instead of using oils of any kind.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 11th, 2009, 10:56 AM
tonya: I am avoiding teflan too (and without a mircowave) so i heat everything w/ the stove... (which has also cut down on convenience eating... or heating leftovers, ect.) but EVERYTHING i try to saute sticks... like egg whites... I eat egg beaters or egg whites almost every morning for breakfast... (i have found that egg white are me, what spinach is to popeye) ... so I use olive oil spray, but i have to use a lot of it... and also when I want to sweat like green peppers and onion... or potato's... (which I am still trying to master the art of crispy unfried potato's)

February 12th, 2009, 03:01 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Turn your heat down. It takes a little longer to cook, but lower heat and constant stirring will keep it from sticking so bad.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search