calorie workup...please Tonya when you have time!!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I would love for you to do my calorie workup thanks! I'm 29, 4'11, 125 lbs. Activity level ....I exercise 1 hr a day, clean, laundry, pick up kids from schools...I'd say I'm pretty active...but I do sit at the computer about 1 hr a day and during the week I probably watch 1 hr of tv a night, I try to get 7-8 hrs of sleep at night. I also donate plasma twice a week (if my iron and protein are high enough) on those days I have a harder time getting my exercise done but I usually still do it! I'm also working on running my first 5K this spring.

My BMI is calculated to be 25.2 (i used calorie count) I carry my fat around my middle and in my butt & thighs more. do you need a picture? I can upload a more recent one if you need me too.

measurements
arms ~ 11 inches
chest (above boobs) 33 inches
around belly ~ 35 inches
hips ~ 36 inches
thighs ~ 21 inches

Thank you so much!!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 11th, 2009, 06:35 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Will do, but it will be tonight before I can get to it. I have to have my book to find your body fat percentage from your measurements and it is at home. (I'm at school taking a break between classes.) The BMI number is totally bogus and doesn't tell you anything about your body composition (fat vs. lean mass) so it is useless for determining calorie needs. Anyway, I'll do it tonight when I get home and can either post it here or pm you.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Okay thanks!!!

wife to Chad
February 12th, 2009, 03:26 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Sorry it took so long, I was having internet problems when I got home last night. Anyway, here are your numbers:

Body Fat %--36.78%, Body Fat #--45.95; Lean Body Mass--79.05 pounds (Definitely need to work on that as it is a risk factor for osteoporosis later in life.)

Non-Exercise Days--1294 to 1552 calories; carbs--194 to 233 grams; protein--81 to 97 grams; fat--22 to 26 grams.

Exercise Days--1594 to 1852 calories; carbs--239 to 278 grams; protein--100 to 116 grams; fat--27 to 31 grams.

I based all of this on a running program since you said you are planning a 5K. This is actually only 60% carbs, though, and you can probably go higher then that when you are running because of the needed fuel. Not everyone likes that high of a carb intake though, so I always start with an average and adjust up based on how your body responds. While running is great for burning fat, it isn't the biggest calorie burner for smaller people. I estimated 300 calories burned because of your size. If you use a treadmill to train, don't believe the calories burned. Those are based on a 150 pound man who carries around more muscle then you do, so it will show a higher number then what you are actually burning. I would highly recommend a heart rate monitor that you have to put your body fat info in so that you can get a more accurate calorie read. That calorie read will be what actually needs to be added to your intake instead of the 300 I estimated, but the 300 is a pretty good average for most of my clients. I would also highly recommend adding in some weight training. You don't have to go super heavy to see the results. Just enough to strengthen the muscles and bones. You actually need to get your lean body mass up by 10-20 pounds so that you are at less risk for osteoporosis later. Weight training does that while raising your metabolism more then cardio so you'll burn more fat in the long run too. Anything else I can do, just ask.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
How do you figure out your body fat percentage? I don't have any clue...what is a 'healthy' body fat percentage?! I have no clue about this stuff.

eya i found a site online and did it...got 26.6%

<3
February 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
so if I'm only eating around 1300 calories everyday am I not eating enough? Is that why the weight isn't coming off? And what exercise is a bigger calorie burner for smaller people? Thanks so much.

Also are you saying 45 lbs of my body is fat?? I need to work on building lean muscle and lean muscle is built w/ strength training right?

Thanks so much for doing this to me. My hubby says I should call the dr and make an appt and talk with her. Is that a good idea??

wife to Chad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search