Coordination problems

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
I'm not a very graceful person. Never have been.
But I think someone should tape me doing Tae Bo and send it in to America's Funniest Videos
I can't count the number of times I lose my balance or I go left when I should be going right!
At first it really discouraged me but now I'm seeing the humor in my messed up coordination. I'm glad I do this stuff at home!

I'm not familiar with some of the other work out routines other people here use, but does anyone else have this problem?

February 11th, 2009, 04:15 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
lol sometimes i am like that too when we do step aerobics. I can dance but when/if I attend our cardio funk classes i look like a moron, that's why i dont' bother anymore lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 11th, 2009, 04:34 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and that is why I stick to Power90.. no fancy moves there.. just basic stuff that works.. lol I could never do HipHop Abs or anything like that.. I cant keep a beat for the life of me..
February 11th, 2009, 05:59 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I'm the same way!! I tried a few of those "dance" type workouts and I can't do them!!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 11th, 2009, 06:13 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I've determined in my 12 years as an aerobics instructor that coordination and the ability to do choreography takes practice and the ability to follow. I can practice and get good, but I can't follow someone else. I totally suck at doing other peoples choreography, but after years of practice, I can deliver a strong choreography class, it just has to be my own choreography so I can move the way my body wants instead of the way someone else is telling me to. I get lost on most choreographed videos. Hip Hop Abs wasn't that bad for me though, until I got to the club routine, then I sucked just as bad as ever, but the actual workouts were easy to follow.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Haha That's funny! I tried Tae Bo once and it was hysterical. And tough!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
it amazes me that my daughter can do ballet and tap so well because she clearly did not inherit these genes from me! I'm right with you.
February 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
I'm with you. I got one of the Firm DVD's and had to watch the darn thing five times b4 I even came close to getting some of the steps right. I definetly have two left feet!
February 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
I am VERY uncoordinated but I LOVE dance tapes I want to try the Jamie Smith?? Jamie something or other...
I was AWFUL at tae bo though!!! I think it takes a lot of balance and stuff too!

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search