I keep binging!!!! :(((

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Bluebayou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Bluebayou
I keep cheating I dont know whats wrong with me, i was doing so good the firrst few weeks of january. Ive been eating on a rampage the past few weeks. its not even 11am here and ive already eaten chocolate cake. I feel so GROSS :`(

February 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it in your house? I find that if I keep things like that around, I will eat it. But, if it's not in my house, I am fine. I also try to find substitutions for things I might binge on (i.e. 100 calorie choc cake instead of full fat). Good luck!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Sam*~
I feel you here girl! I was this way yesterday. I made choc. chip cookies for DH and DS and I ate like a MILLION of them yesterday and the day that I made them I ate a ton of dough. I need to stop and I know how you feel about saying that you feel gross when you eat like that. I feel like crap afterwards and continually ask myself "why did I do that?". I don't know about you but it's hard not to have that kind of crap in my house because my DH is one of those guys that can eat what ever he wants and WON'T gain a pound. Hang in there girl. I feel your pain, every day is a new day. Start the day off with saying, I will not binge today!
February 11th, 2009, 09:16 AM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
Are you eating because you're hungry or are you eating because you're stressed/unhappy/bored?

If you're eating from hunger, like Amy suggested, try healthier substitutions. Or take the foods and move them else where. Where those sweet treats used to be then you could replace with things like bananas, apples, protein bars, whatever you find appetizing.

If you're eating because of emotional reasons, instead of food, you could blog about what's going on. Or maybe you can take that time to do some light exercise.
Sometimes it takes finding another healthy way to express your emotions.

It's hard. The important thing is: Don't beat yourself up on it. Every day is a fresh start and a chance to do better.

February 11th, 2009, 09:28 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I used to do the same thing, and sometimes I do.

do both of you track your food? Not just a journal but keep track of your total fat, calories, sugar etc... Sometimes when i have the urge, i look at how much i've eaten and/or what meals i have left and i know those snacks are going to be put me waaaaaaaaaaaay over and are not worth giving up a main course. That may really help you both.

The other thing that'll help GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE! lol I have more control now so i have a ton of stuff in my cupboards but 'healthier' stuff. My kids can have treats and i don't indulge in those treats. It's about us all being healthy so if you gotta eliminate the trigger foods, so be it. I traded a lot of bad snacks for my sweet delicious fruit! I love my fruit now, it's like the best thing since sliced cheesecake lmao (maybe not).

I swear though if you start paying attention to the calories and fat and all that, you may be less likely to keep munching.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have some great motivation and steps to get back on track from this AWESOME book I just read. I'll post them later after I put the little one down for her nap.
February 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes, i can completely relate... I think when your before 3 months in a health routine, it is so easy to look back and stray. Whats important that no matter what happens you are committed to making your lifestyle represent the kind of life you want. Its a forever journey, so keep that in mind...

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Bluebayou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Bluebayou
Quote:
I used to do the same thing, and sometimes I do.

do both of you track your food? Not just a journal but keep track of your total fat, calories, sugar etc... Sometimes when i have the urge, i look at how much i've eaten and/or what meals i have left and i know those snacks are going to be put me waaaaaaaaaaaay over and are not worth giving up a main course. That may really help you both.

The other thing that'll help GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE! lol I have more control now so i have a ton of stuff in my cupboards but 'healthier' stuff. My kids can have treats and i don't indulge in those treats. It's about us all being healthy so if you gotta eliminate the trigger foods, so be it. I traded a lot of bad snacks for my sweet delicious fruit! I love my fruit now, it's like the best thing since sliced cheesecake lmao (maybe not).

I swear though if you start paying attention to the calories and fat and all that, you may be less likely to keep munching.[/b]

I cant get out of the house because of my LO , its still RSV season for him and i cant take him anywhere there might be germs ...i have to get"medical clearance" before i start taking him out in the spring. I WISH i could go out more with him ...as for the 100 calorie snacks, those were 100 calorie snacks! LOL

February 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Oh no hun, i meant get the snacks out of the house. If you don't hve them you won't binge on them. If your SO/BF wants them then he'll have to get them on his own watch.

and I don't think 100 calorie packs are that great, they are still fatty, they just help with portions. I would stock up on good fruits, yogarts, some fat free chips etc... Just make sure you log what you eat and see how much you are actually putting in your body.

u may go thru withdrawal at first (if you don't buy them) but you'll get the hang of it. I allow myself a snack every day, normally at the end of the day when i will enjoy it the most. Don't eat the snacks fast either, maybe if you savor the flavor ur less likely to keep munching... Measure your serving an dput it away!

oh and someone else mentioned exercise. U are likely bored when u snack (i know that's wheni would snack the most). If you get into a routine of exercise during that time, u'll be good. U should really get teh 30 day shred or something you'll like and it will help.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
100 calorie snacks= BIG NO NO lol. I found myself binging on them too! I had to finish up what I had and now when I go shopping I hurry down that aisle before I can tlak myself into buying them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search