Grrr! Postpartum weight.

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just looking at my weightloss pictures again in the subforum. I said 1.5 weeks ago (2/2/09) that I weighed 203. That's what I weighed this morning too. I didn't lose anything in 1.5 weeks?!? I know I can't exercise, but I've been doing better with my food lately. How could I have not lost any weight? I thought between breastfeeding and eating healthier, the weight would just be falling off. Grrr!!! That means I've only lost 17 pounds in the three weeks since I had the baby, and I gained 40 pounds altogether during the pregnancy.

(I know I'm just being inpatient, but I worked so hard to lose the weight before becoming pregnant again, which was a surprise. I am feeling very frustrated.)

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2009, 12:44 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i can empathize amy, i know how hard you worked to lose weight before you had Gabriel. Sometimes bf'ing doesn't help at all. I stopped bf'ing after 6 months partially because i wanted to lose weight. Yeah it was somewhat selfish, but i was no good in the state i was in, i was better for me to just stop. I am not telling you to stop now though unless that's your desire.

I just remember my weight being water weight during the 6 weeks after DJ and i drank and drank and drank water and every day i was pounds lighter.

You could just be having the issue with breastmilk. I always weighed after a feeding so i could get an idea on how much my milk weighed.

are your measurements changing? I think once u are able to do some walking and light exercise you'll be okay. I had a c-section too so i couldn't do what other girls were doing during the 6 weeks.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
4boys
I know just how you feel. I gained 50 lbs with Reid, lost 20 in the first two weeks after having him (water and such) and since July '08 until now I've gotten rid of a measly 12 lbs. Which means I have nearly 20 left to go. I know it's better than nothing but at 10 month post partum, I fully expected to be back to pre-pregnancy weight, just like after all my other kids. So I can feel your pain and it sucks.
February 12th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never lost weight while breastfeeding. I was one of those unlucky ladies I guess who couldn't lose it while making milk. I did WW after Sadie was born where I got to have 10 extra points for breastfeeding. But nope, my weight would not budge. As soon as I weaned, I started losing a lot.
February 12th, 2009, 11:42 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you can't exercise yet but I think because you are eating healthy you are able to maintain the weight (instead of losing or gaining). I know it's discouraging not seeing the scale move, but be patient with yourself hon.. you just had a baby and i think the fact that you are eating healthy is sooo great because once you can workout the weight will start to come off. Your goal right now should just to maintain and NOT GAIN.. then when you can incorporate exercise you can focus on losing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search