Weight vs Dress size

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ratios are not working...

I was of the idea that every 10lbs you loose, it is a dress size.

November 2008 - I was 200.4 lbs (size 18-20)
Dec. 2008 - 196 ish (size 18ish)
January 2009 - 186 lbs ish (size 14-16)
February 2009 (TODAY) 183 lbs (am in size 8-12: top is 8, skirt is 12)

Does not seem to add up to what I thought.

Which goes down faster, the weight or the dress size, coz it seems my dress size is going down faster than my weight.

Anyone?
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
February 13th, 2009, 06:32 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had the same thing happen with me before...clothes size goes down faster than weight. Maybe because you are firming up?

February 13th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Sam*~
I'm curious about this too. I'm sure it all depends on the way you're shaped.
February 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you go down dress size faster only because I did.

Nov 24- 168lbs size 14
Feb 13- 148lbs size 8

20lbs lost .. 6 sizes down
February 13th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
depends on how your body is shaped and if you are gaining muscle while you lose fat. Muscle takes up less space than fat so you can fit into a smaller size while weighing more than you would expect. I really hate that saying though that muscles weighs more than fat because a pound is a pound is a pound. A pound of fat weights 16 oz and a pound of muscle also weighs 16 oz. It is just smaller.
February 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
It really depends on where you lose your weight. In general every 10 lbs is a pant size. I am 179 and I am nowhere near a 12 lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 13th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I seem to have the opposite happen to me, I lose weight quicker than I lose a pant size. At my lightest adult weight I was 145 and still a size 12 pant, once in awhile I could get into a 10, I am 172.8 right now and a size 12 pant...doesn't make sense but I rarely lose pant sizes. When I was at my heaviest, 213, I was a size 16/18. It definitely has a lot to do with the way your shaped, I have large hips that are not going to change much no matter how much weight I lose. Now my shirt sizes change a good deal, I was wearing 2x and 3x at 213, and am wearing mediums to large now at 172.8, when I was a lot heavier, it was mainly in my arms, thighs, and face, so even 16/18 seems small for when I was 213 pounds but I doubt I'll ever go below a size 10 because of my hips.

February 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is interesting. I have always heard 10lbs = one pant size down... I have found this not to be sure... I started at 230, and wore a tight size 20... at 200 I wear a very loose size 20. 18's fit me best, but are big and 16's are wee bit to small.. plus people, let's face it... who has money to buy new cloths? I invested in lots of drawstring pants... and I wear jeans once or twice a week for that reason. I went to a thrift store and bought some smaller jeans... but their too small to fit right now... so another 10 lbs or so and I'll have cloths again.

Also @ 230 I wore 1x - 2x shirt. Now I am XL. My waist up is smaller. I have large legs, hips, and butt. (I love my big butt, I cant lie) So when I buy jeans, they'll fit in the legs and I constantly have to pull on them to keep them on my waist... so my issue is more leg circumference related as opposed to waist size... I'm girthy!

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search