I HATE CAMERAS!!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I swear, every time I think I'm looking good, I see a recent picture of myself and get sooo discouraged. I was going through pics on Michael's phone last night and there was a bunch that he had taken of me from last weekend.

I was also looking at some pictures of me from past years and realized that even when before I had Logan, I've never looked toned. Not even a little bit. In fact, I don't think I looked a whole lot better at 125-135 lbs untoned than I do now at 145.

Anyways...that's my rant for the day. Feeling kind of put-off by my body today, I guess. Sorry for being so whiny.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean...I've lost 10 lbs and that's got me feeling better about myself BUT...I think I'll stay out of pics for a while longer. I know that I still have a ways to go and a photo would really let me know that!

February 13th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Sam*~
I totally understand. My SIL was in town and took some pics of me recently and I about PUKED! It sucks when you're feeling good about your weight loss and getting a new sense of self and then you see a picture and it knocks you right back down. I feel your pain girl!
February 13th, 2009, 07:34 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right there with ya babe... I dare not get my picture take for fear of looking disgusting... it's one thing me taking my weekly pics.. but it's another thing getting your picture taken when you least expect it.
February 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hide behind my children Or avoid the camera entirely.

Its sad because my children will not have many pictures of me. I try to but my vanity aside and get in pictures with them because they love me now matter what I look like and if something bad ever happened I would want them to have memories of me.

Quote:
Right there with ya babe... I dare not get my picture take for fear of looking disgusting... it's one thing me taking my weekly pics.. but it's another thing getting your picture taken when you least expect it.[/b]
Nobody looks good when they get their pictures taken unexpected! Have you noticed that even the stars in Hollywood don't look good when they are walking around in sweats with starbucks cups in their hands with their hair in ponytails?
February 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
You are not alone - I stay behind the camera! My DH will get me in one occasionally and every time I can't believe I actually look the way the pic is showing since I thought I looked so much better
February 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
don't get sad about it, we all go thru it. Last night i am looking at myself like UGH, although i am smaller and clothes are gettin baggy. Just use it as motivation and fuel to continue going towards your goal. You are doing the right things and you will soon see a whole new you. Just remember we will never be perfect, so we have to be happy regardless. I think if we stray from the happiness we will never like what we see.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, girls. Good to know I'm not the only one with a phobia! lol. I think it's just that I thought I looked good...and then when I saw the pictures I was like "Ugh...what was I thinking?"

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs i know that feeling thats how i felt when i too kthe pictures the other day too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search