Egg Yolks

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I see a lot of you do not eat egg yolks. I'm still learning a lot about nutrition and I am trying to figure out what is bad about the yolk. When I was researching what my babies could eat wholesomebabyfood.com talked about the egg yolk being very good for the babies and having lots of nutrients. So why don't you eat it?
February 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
the egg yolk has all the fat and cholesterol. It does have a lot of good for you nutrients because it contains all the parts to make a baby bird. the egg white has significantly less calories and no fat, it is all protein.

So if you were to make a 3 egg omelet with the whole egg is would be 80 caloires x 3 = 240 calories plus fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.

If you make that same omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites it would be 80 calories plus 15 + 15 so 110 calories for essentially the same volume of food. Plus you don't lose out on protein but significantly reduce the fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.

For babies the egg yoke is good because they need more fat, cholesterol and calories than we do until they are 2 years old. Also most people, if they are going to be allergic to eggs are allergic to the egg white not the yoke so they recommend waiting until baby is over 1 year before introducing egg whites in case they may have an allergic reaction.

Hope that helps.
February 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
my only issue is the cholesterol one egg yolk puts you to the daily allowance pretty much

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont' like egg yolks so that's why I dont eat it.. lol
February 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
It's cholesterol is one reason I don't eat it the other being I always think about a baby chick as I'm eating it LMAO, I know, I know! I can eat the white part w/ no problems but when it comes down to the yolk.... I literally get sick lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search