Trying to decide what diet to go on

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, I have posted here a few times before. I need to jump back on my diet plan. Last summer I lost 15 lbs but have now gained it all back. I feel lousy. I would like to loose 15 -20 lbs for summer. Well for life really. LOL
I hate counting points but I know that weight watchers will work. I am not a big fan of the fat free diets. I believe in good healthy fats. With weight watchers you dont get much because of the point counting. I have lost weight both ways though.

So what do you guys do? Do you just eat healthy or are you on some sort of diet plan? Do you have 3 meals and 2 snacks everyday?

Not sure what to do. I hate dieting anyhow but have got to figure out a way that works so that I can stick to it for life not just a few months.

Thanks

February 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
well weight watchers is the same as eating 'healthy' with weight watchers you can eat what you like in moderation and with a regular "diet" you can eat what you want in moderation.

It's whatever is easier for you. Points are a lot easier to track than calories, fat etc... But I've just tried WW again and it's just not for me. I am doing fine with what I've been doing.

You still want fat in your 'diet' anyways because we need it, but just healthier fats.

I know this probably doesn't help, but gives you some insight i hope.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do WW. I need to be accountable and need to actually pay for something for me to stick with it. If I don't plan and write down my food things seem to sneak in there that I don't even think about or think I can get away with. I also can not do low carb diets. They just mess with my body and I feel like crap and actually get dizzy and faint. So I do WW.

WW also has no counting plan, it used to be called CORE but I'm not sure what they call it now. Supposedly it works good too.

But the best diet is the one you can stick with.
February 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now i'm just eating healthy.. i buy lean meats, veggies, fruits and whole wheat carbs, brown rice. Then I just make my meals and portion control.
February 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I do WW. I need to be accountable and need to actually pay for something for me to stick with it. If I don't plan and write down my food things seem to sneak in there that I don't even think about or think I can get away with. I also can not do low carb diets. They just mess with my body and I feel like crap and actually get dizzy and faint. So I do WW.

WW also has no counting plan, it used to be called CORE but I'm not sure what they call it now. Supposedly it works good too.

But the best diet is the one you can stick with.[/b]
Well with weight watchers you eat alot of sugar. All of those low fat snacks have alot of sugar in them I have noticed. So eating healthy to me doesnt include those types of foods. I think counting points is a big pain. But I do seem to eat more when I am not tracking everything. So that is one good part of counting points. I certainly do not want to count calories at all. I just dont have time for all that.

I like things like nuts,avacodoes and healthy fats like this. There isnt much room for these high fat but good fats with weight watchers without eating up a ton of points.

I do cut back on carbs but love love carbs. I also love sugar too but want to try to not have much sugar.

I do get sick of meat and veggies all the time though. I guess that is why I suck at dieting. LOL

Ok well I will figure this out. Core program sounds kinda interesting.

Thanks

February 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't eat many packaged food except my skinny cows which I have 1 a day. So I don't know much about the lowfat packaged foods. But I agree you can either eat healthy on WW or not healthy on WW and still be following the plan. But if you try to follow their 8 healthy guidelines and get in all the fruits and veggies and healthy oils you don't have many pts left for processed junk.

February 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do WW, I'd rather count points than calories-I've tried it on my own, and I've gained, I really struggle with portion control
February 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked at this sugar busters book, and realistically I couldn't do it and feed my daughter. She don't eat a lot of meat and it was mostly meat and veggies. She would be a vegan for sure if I couldn't disguise her meat in the form of yummy tater tot casserole. LOL!

So, I decided to do a modified WW and sugar busters. Count points but eat very healthy. If given McDonalds, I will have fries.

I've also gotten rid of all my sweet tea. I tried to cut back and just not do as much, but when a bad day comes, I drink 2 gallons seems like. I just can't do it period.

That's how I have to do it since the moderation thing didn't work out so well for me. I have 0 willpower.

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Well, as a nutritionist, I tell my clients "Don't Diet"! All things in moderation is what I recommend. I give my clients a calorie guideline, but some can stick with it and others can't. For those that can't, then they get portions of each food group to eat each day. They have to eat 6-7 times a day with a balance of all of the food groups. Personally, I do a low fat plan but that is just because my body responds best to a high carb plan and I am not willing to cut out my protein because I need that for muscle building, so I cut out unhealthy fats. Healthy fats like nuts, olive oil, fish, etc. are encouraged, though.

Honestly, though, the best eating program is the one you can stick with the rest of your life. Healthy eating isn't a diet, no matter which one you choose, it is a lifestyle plan that you can follow forever. And add in exercise because that is the only way to lose stored body fat. You can't lose body fat by dieting.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 16th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonya is right and I agree w/ her. Diets are bad, and rarely work, because it is a quick fix (or so it seems) ... i suggest http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/myplate/ and enter in what your eating and see where you need to adjust. It has helped me a lot. I know LOTS of people who have done WW and lost a lot of weight. I think the program works, but costs money... and geex, time and money are hard to come by these days... I watch what I eat, but MORE and oh so much MORE importantly, I reeve my engine and workout. That is the only way my body will shed inches. Otherwise the process sucks, and I have to eat next to nothing, which my body doesn't like either... nor is it healthy. I would slowly start to incorporate the kind of life style you want to reflect yourself and not make huge drastic changes overnight... take baby steps, and remember it didn't take a week to gain, and it wont take a week to lose. It is a life long journey.

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search