Tell us about your first love...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2009, 04:38 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Just for kicks, let's talk about our first love. When did you date? How long? What were the goods? What were the bads? Where are they now? Do you ever miss them? Are you relieved they are a blast from the past? Did you marry them? etc...

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 14th, 2009, 05:15 AM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
My first love was Erick. We dated for about a year, '02-'03 I believe.
The goods: We were both young at heart, out to have fun, and generally agreed on everything.
The bads: Instead of telling me he wanted to move on he met another girl and she got pregnant.
I don't really miss him. Not after what he did to me.
Oh yea, I am very glad he part of my past. All bad things aside, while the relationship was good I had a lot of fun!
Nope, didn't marry him but was engaged to him for a few months.

February 14th, 2009, 05:16 AM
My first love was in High School with "Jody", that wasn't his real name, but that's what his family called him. He was a roughneck kinda guy. I remember when i saw him, i was like mmmm mmm. There weren't many minorities in our town so when a guy like him moved in, ALL the girls were on him like white on rice. I remember a friend of mine flirting with him, although he was already dating one of the sluts of the town (she moved fast or maybe he knew she was slutty lol). Well I met him one day when i was hanging out with friends and he happened to come around the corner. He complimented me on my long hair and....well...my moustache! lol My friend (that flirted with him) she started laughing, but that's when he admitted he likes a little hairy lip (lmao this is funny). All of a sudden she had one too.

I was a good girl. Yeah i had my daughter by then, but i was generally the one in honors classes, played the violin, played volleyball, had a part time job, got good grades etc... He was the total opposite. He moved there with his sister because of trouble he got into while living in Gary In. He could hardly write and was just a trouble maker. He was always fighting or talking crap to people. I loved it!

With all of that came a price...He cheated on me, lied to me and I was soooo stupid. Although i was the girl his family and mom knew about...he had a liking to another girl who he still says to this day was like a sister. Although i found a notebook that said Jody *heart* Nedra.... Jody *heart* Pam HUH? Let's just say this drama trickled over to other people leading to fights and all. Eventually he had to move back and we tried it long distance for a while. He sent me a ring and asked me to marry him.

I finally realized after moving to California that he is not right for me. I noticed after he went forever without working and just kept saying things but never did them. I never doubted he loved me, which is why i stayed with him despite all the tears.

Recently he got a myspace thru the help of his sister, and after seeing his pictures now...I am happy i didn't marry him. So not my type. He gained some weight but thru being in jail (yeah great pick he would have been) he bulked up and doesn't seem to have changed his ways...It's a turn off. One of my friends says he still looks good. But not to me! He'll always have a place in my heart, but I have no regrets.

that's all lol

February 14th, 2009, 05:21 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first love was named Chris. We started dating when I was 16 and he was 18 (he had just graduated). His family had a lot of money and they were very stable as compared to my totally disfunctional homelife. I really needed that stability in my life. He restored old Mustangs, which was pretty cool because we were always in a sweet ride! And I have to say (blushing here) he was pretty good in the sack! ...I know, way too young for that right! LOL. We were together on and off for two years but over that time, I fell OUT of love with him. When I finally ended it...it was really over for me. I never looked back or wished things had ended differently. The funny thing is that I ended up marrying someone who was a lot like him (my first marraige that is...and that didn't work out either!)

great question Pamela!

February 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 16. He was 24. We met the first day of a week long Church Camp. He was married. We were inseperable. We spent every waking hour together and even stayed up half the night several nights. The last night of camp we stayed up all night together. We were only friends at the time. There was no hanky panky going on- not even holding hads. Just lots of talking. However, people at camp assumed things and he was kicked out...it was the last day anyway. He lived about 2 1/2 hours away but we kept in contact through letters and the phone. We met up a couple of times. When he and his wife separated we took it to a romantic level. It was a long distance thing for a few months. At the time I was 21 and he was 29. We realized we wanted different things in life and neither one of us wanted to move. We stopped contacting each other and moved on. I found him on MySpace a couple of years ago. I look at his page every so often but have not contacted him. He is remarried and has a baby on the way. I'm glad it didn't work out with us even though I really loved him. If I had stayed with him I wouldn't have my girls and twin boys or David, my SO which I feel much more compatible with. It's fun reminiscing though.
February 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
Mine would be between Kevin and Jason lol. One was we were young and crazy but did I love him? I don't know. Jason was the guy I dated before my husband. Had I not cheated on him with my husband, yeah I know, I suck, we would have ended up together, no doubt. He was a nerd lol but tall and lean and good looking. His younger sister was one of my best friends. We dated for three months before he left for boot camp (he was two years older than me). Honestly I was just too immature and was just starting to push boundaries at that age, it was all bad timing. I ended up turning to one of my best guy friends, my now dh. I really hurt Jason, and I still apologize every time I talk to him. He is now working as a civilian in Iraq now that he has finished with the marines. He's a good guy but I definitely think it was best we didn't end up together!

<3
February 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Veteran
mine was brent, i was 17, he was 21. i had just moved to canada and met him through some friends and we hit it off. i only had about 6 months before i was going home to ireland to finish collage but we were completely inseperable. i had never been in love before but had dated randomly. this was so different. i left in august to go home and we never broke it off although it seemed impossible that we could keep it up. by christmas he flew over to see me, proposed and asked me to come back to canada and marry him once i was done college!!! i said yes. we were apart for 5 more months, so 9 total apart when we had only been together for 6! i moved back to canada and married him in 2002. 7 years later we have two beautiful children and i love him more than anything some people are just meant for each other.

Liam July 3 2006
Caitlyn June 17 2008
February 14th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I love these stories...keep them coming!!

Sue, i understand. DH and I met online in 1999, never dated, only corresponded via the internet and then in about 2001 talked on the phone for the first time, but DH never called back. We had a GREAT convo. I endd up meeting another guy who i dated for about a year, but it was that guy that made me realize how grand DH was. DH never left the picture, he did start calling on holidays, birthday, etc... He would call even when my BF didn't. We met in person May 2003, got married June 2003 and Got pregnant July 2003. We've been married ever since (obviously) he's the greatest!

February 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
4boys
My first and only love is my husband, Phill.

When did you date? started dating in Oct '98 at the age of 16

How long? We have now been together for more than 10 years!

What were the goods? Almost everything! We have grown and changed so much since we met and gone through soooo many things but we just keep on loving each other more all the time.

What were the bads? We probably should have waited until after high school to date. We had some problems because of it. And we shouldn't have had a baby before we got married but it all worked out so well that I really don't regret it.

Where are they now? In the basement!

Do you ever miss them? Only when he leaves.

Are you relieved they are a blast from the past? n/a

Did you marry them? Yup, I sure did!!
February 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been married for nearly 15 years to my soul mate. Everybody before pales in comparison.
February 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm beyond avoiding romance. I hate to say, that I am often rather mission oriented. Dont get me wrong, romance is great... but I don't know if I had a first love... I met DH when I was 18 and have been w/ him ever since... I guess it could be him?

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search