Weight, scales, etc.

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
dorkymommy
I was weighed at the doctors approx. a week ago and weighed in at 258lbs (with clothes and boots on)...I bought a scale yesterday and weighed myself without clothes this morning and was 242lbs...my clothes and boots couldn't have weighed 14lbs...so, is my scale really off, or could I have actually lost weight????
February 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the one at the drs is usully 4-5lbs difference from home your sneakers are usually 1-2 lbs a pair of jeans atleast mine are usually 1-2lbs HTH

February 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my clothes are about 2 lbs and my shoes are anywhere from 1-2 lbs I have weighed in at the DRs and gone straight home and checked my scale to make sure it is calibrated correctly as I assume theirs is more accurate (at least I hope so!). My scale is exactly what the DRs is (and what my kids ped's is too.).

February 15th, 2009, 06:31 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Well, clothing can weigh a lot. I posted here a few months ago that my clothes weighed over 6 pounds and I was in sweats, not heavy jeans, and tennis shoes. Depending on the shoes, they can be pretty heavy. That being said, I don't think it was the full 14 pounds. You may have lost, or it may be a difference in the scales. That's why I tell my clients, don't compare apples and oranges, use the same scale or don't compare the numbers.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 15th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree w/ Tonya. I'd use your home scale, weigh the same time of day, and wearing about the same kind of cloths. I find that morning is best.

I usually always weigh more at the Dr's. And after eating all day long, I find that my weight goes up around 3 to 5 pounds during the day, and down those pounds in the morning. (after urination)

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
dorkymommy
Quote:
Well, clothing can weigh a lot. I posted here a few months ago that my clothes weighed over 6 pounds and I was in sweats, not heavy jeans, and tennis shoes. Depending on the shoes, they can be pretty heavy. That being said, I don't think it was the full 14 pounds. You may have lost, or it may be a difference in the scales. That's why I tell my clients, don't compare apples and oranges, use the same scale or don't compare the numbers.[/b]
Yeah...I'm thinking IF I did lose weight it wouldn't have been more than maybe a pound or two....but I'm just trying to figure out what to go by for the BL challenge...should my starting weight just be 242 where I'll always be using my home scale???
February 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yah, use your home scale.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search