bad weekend.... :(

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2009, 03:40 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I'm frustrated so this weekend I allowed myself to eat. I don't think I went overboard but I still feel badly....I wanted cookies but I DID NOT make them lol. We had take-out for dinner last night, dh and I split a wet burrito & a mexican cassarole....I didn't even eat half of them.....but I felt guilty just for eating that! I did the 30 day shred yesterday but didn't do anything else and THAT made me feel guilty. And today I took the day off from exercising and I feel guilty for that!
I'm just so confused by all this calorie stuff. I've been told on days I exercise I need to eat more calories and that just doesn't make sense to me! I feel like I should be eating less since I'm not seeing a loss.
I have a lot of guilt...how do I get rid of it??? help...

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
guilt aint gonna get you NO WHERE's.. girly and in a hurry! You need to build yourself up, not beat yourself down. Its in your body, so tough... I dont think its all that bad, but either way don't beat yourself up... you don't want to deprive yourself, because after all you are human, we live in the land of FOOD and it is going to happen. But I can relate, truth of the matter is eating a little bad here or there isn't going to hurt... I think ana said that as long as your doing what you should be doing most of the time, your going to be okay... but don't hate on yourself about it... you wouldn't put myself or anyone else for that matter thru a guilt trip, so dont do it to yourself... you deserve better treatment, and next time your faced w/ a choice choose something you'll feel better about afterward... so in short... pick yourself up because every food choice is a new opportunity...

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
the weekends are my weakness and downfall either because of fat/cals or sodium. U are allowed a cheat day just look at it as that. It's good to revv up the metabolism a little bit.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Robyn, you have to remember too that those last 10lbs are the hardest to lose. I'm going to be right in that boat you in about a month.. keep up with what you are doing. If you are exercising and eating as healthy as you can, then that's what matters. The ultimate goal is to be healthy not just drop those pounds, you know what I mean. It will take some time. Don't beat yourself up, it does you no good, in fact the added stress of worrying about not losing pounds could be jeopardizing you. Relax and take it day by day.

Oh, and I completely agree with taking a Cheat day once a week. It helps you two ways. One, as with everything we do, you body starts getting used to routines. If you a particular workout everyday, no change in time or resistance that workout will be ineffective because your body adjusts to it and it basically becomes part of your daily activity.... so the same goes for eating. If you eat low fat, low cal every day of the week, your body gets used to dealing with that type of intake.. but if you allow yourself one day a week to eat what you want however much you want, (it's not going to jeopardize your weightloss) you body basically says.. Whoa.. what's this... all this food... have to do something about it.. what to do... let's burn it.. so yeah, your metabolism gets a shock and keeps it from going stagnant (for lack of a better word). Second. We put so much stress on ourselves to eat clean, eat small meals a day, dont' touch that cookie, don't eat this, don't eat that, that your mental health takes a toll. You start feeling deprived, you start feeling out of control, depressed because you feel like you don't want to do this everyday, you start getting mad at yourself because you think I'll never ever be able to eat that yummy looking slice of pizza.... that's no way to live... that's not healthy at all... if anything that will cause major binges and we don't want that. Give yourself a day to forget about calorie counting, to give your brain a rest from all that... like our bodies need time to rest and repair, so does our mind.... So enjoy your cheat day and quit feeling so guilty girlie.. we are here to help ya out and support you.

February 16th, 2009, 06:07 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm frustrated so this weekend I allowed myself to eat. I don't think I went overboard but I still feel badly....I wanted cookies but I DID NOT make them lol. We had take-out for dinner last night, dh and I split a wet burrito & a mexican cassarole....I didn't even eat half of them...maybe only 3/4 of each....but I felt guilty just for eating that! I did the 30 day shred yesterday but didn't do anything else and THAT made me feel guilty. And today I took the day off from exercising and I feel guilty for that!
I'm just so confused by all this calorie stuff. I've been told on days I exercise I need to eat more calories and that just doesn't make sense to me! I feel like I should be eating less since I'm not seeing a loss.
I have a lot of guilt...how do I get rid of it??? help...[/b]

I think you did great actually. If it had been me...i would have had the whole burrito and mexican casserole so if you just ate half...then you are in a much better boat than I would have been in.

The fact is you can't be good all the time and you didn't do anything bad. Don't feel guilty about it. Be proud of yourself for not eating cookies!!! That is a positive thing! You need a break every now and then!!!

You did good! Don't fret!

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search