I need some help!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Hi girls! I am SO sorry that I fell of the face of the Earth...this week has literally kicked my butt. Hard core.

I went back to work full time on Monday, and I'm still in school online full time. Plus, Parker decided to start getting up at 2 and 3 every morning, and staying up. DH was working nights, so it was just me.

Anyway....this week, I'm hoping, will be a little bit better. I have a question for those of you who work, or for anyone!

I get up at 5 am to get ready for work. I don't get home until 530 or 6, sometimes later when I have to pick Parker up from daycare. I don't know when to fit in any exercise. I'm thinking maybe squeeze in the 30 day shred in the mornings? We only get a 30 minute break for lunch, otherwise, I'd go walking. When I get home in the evening, I'm dead, and if I'm not, I have homework after Parker is in bed.

Any suggestions? I was doing SO well, now I'm really disappointed. I knew going back to work would rock my world!

I hope everyone is well! Miss you guys!

February 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work 50/60 hours a week and go to college part time. I dont know what its like to have the load your having to carry, but for now I'd say give it some time and do what you can. You need to get in the groove of your new schedule to understand where workouts are going to fit in. For now I don't think you should beat yourself up or feel discouraged, sounds like you are tackling a mountain at this point. Once you get more into a routine you'll know where you have a free 30 minutes. Poor thing... I feel your sleeplessness... but like I said, workout when you can but watch what you eat really carefully... perhaps until your workouts line out, you can keep your progress under control w/ your diet.

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you keep your diet pretty clean, can you work in a few hours of exercise on weekends? Of course its not as ideal as daily exercise, but it'll keep you from burning yourself out during the week (discouraging, quitting), and gives you something nice to look forward to on the weekend? Maybe do a video on Sat and Sun am, then take Parker out for a public swim on Saturday, and hit the gym or a class on Sunday? That would bring you up to approx 240 mins or so of exercise that week, then whatever you can do in addition to that during the week.

How much is Parker napping? If she's napping twice in the day, and up at 3am, I'd knock out a nap or shorten the single nap if she's only napping once.

Lucky mother to five!

February 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I am not sure what you can do. One thing for sure is to continue eating well! Get in some sit ups, push ups and squats before bed and when u wake up maybe????

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 15th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Thanks ladies...I eat very light at work, even though we have lots of goodies. Home is a different story, thanks to DH. He's had pizza or fast food waiting for me every night this week. Grrrr...

Parker, I think, was just adjusting to the new schedule...she's done pretty good this weekend...so fingers crossed this week!

February 16th, 2009, 06:19 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say revisit your schedule. Break it down completely.. start with how long it takes you to commute, how long it takes you to get your baby to daycare.. these are things that cant' be changed, what time do you have to be at work?, what time do you break for lunch.. write everything down.. then start filling in the things that need to get done.... i.e. homework... since it's not possible for you to workout during your lunch break.. why not bring your school work and try to get some little stuff done from it... say you have to read a chapter or something.. get that knocked out of the way so you have less to do when you get home.... if dh is making junk for dinner... then it's up to you to precook your meals on the weekends so you have something healthy to eat when you get home... and tell dh just to get enough for him and who ever else is eating .. but that you'll take care of your own meals.

In the freeze I keep little baggies of 5oz precooked whole wheat pasta, all i have to do is pop it in the microwave for 1minute, throw some quick season on some frozen talapia filet and pan sear or grill it.. takes like 6mins... take the pasta.. throw in the pan you just finished cooking the fish in, grab some bagged salad and you have a nice healthy meal. It's all about being prepared.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search