Who else thinks they've hit a plateau

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 06:34 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I know it seems I have... The only saving grace may be that I am retaining tons of water from eating soup, although i have been drinking a lot of water. My rings are tight on my finger and i mean tight to where they are making a print, and really my rings are just snug enough to where they won't fall off, so for them to leave a print means i have to be retaining.

My weight isn't going up, but it's not coming off either. I need to see 175 on my scale by March 4th lol.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey Pamala, did you watch that link I posted.. wait.. let me go find it... Jillian Michaels talks a little bit about plateaus... you won't like her answer..

Okay.. watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpZN4imD44...feature=related
February 16th, 2009, 06:41 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I was gonna say I remember seeing something about plateau's being BS. I know I'm stuck and have been for a few weeks now. uggh.

thanks for sharing that video....it was totally what I needed to hear!!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM
it says it's not available....i can only imagine what she says...

i think part of it is in my mind... i KNOW i haven't worked out as hard this last week as the past few. I have been eating well though. I am gonna try it again thsi week and see what happens. Something's gotta give!

February 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
lol i thought i hit a plateau but I guess Jillian has proved me wrong lol. I'm definately staying at the same # so I guess that means I need to change my workout routine. I'm going to try fruits/ veggies for lunch and breakfast and then a healthy dinner. Maybe my system needs a shock or somehting I don't know lol. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

February 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Here Pamala, try typing this in youtube Jillian Michaels - I'm Not Giving Up My Red Wine
February 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
i watched it now...but ii didn't finish the last few. I didn't hear anything about plateau (maybe i turned it off too soon) but it had me cracking up. I'll watch i later on a better pc this one has sucky volume cause it's a mini laptop

February 16th, 2009, 08:43 AM
oooh.. maybe i posted the wrong one.. i'll have to watch it again in a little bit.. I'll find the right one if this one isn't the plateau one.. it's still good though..
February 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
I know I have hit a plateau. I have been roughly the same weight for almost a year. I lost 30 lbs pretty easily ( I was 180 lbs). Everyone warned the last 20 lbs would be a whole different story.

I may dip below 150, but it lasts a day or so before one of the million factors of life may add back a couple of pounds to put me right back at 150.

I guess I can officially say I'm done worrying about it though. I'm eating good (ok, on most days when my DH doesn't convince me to cheat a bit), I work out, and I drink so much water that I spend more time in the bathroom than I do with my family.

I keep in mind I'm toning up as I'm losing body fat. Muscle weights more than fat. At least, I think it does. I'm pretty sure it does. That's why I take pics of my body rather than weight myself now.
I always tell people, the proof is in the pics! Numbers on a scale mean nothing.
Actually, I think I'll remove my weight loss ticker and take my stupid scale and toss it in a closet. (DH might be a bit upset if I threw it away. He does do weekly weight ins).

February 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
yup yup
I have
but I think I just need to work out more. I think that the first chunk came off rather easily and now I need to really work at it.

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search