Today is my first day!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 06:41 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to admit...we binged this weekend....getting in all the good stuff. Really, that was the worst possible thing I could do.

Anyway, it is hard to wake up on a new diet and be hungry. But, I'm sitting here with my weight control banana nut bread oatmeal and water and my tummy rumbling. I mixed the oatmeal with too much hot water and it's more like oatmeal soup.

I have a salad for lunch (I'll only eat half of because it's from our grocery store and it's huge) and some left over steak from this weekend on top. Lite Ranch dressing.

Then for snacks I have 13 Whole Grain wheat thins and an apple.

Tonight it's tater tot casserole with turkey instead of ground beaf. 6 servings at 8 points a piece. The only real bad thing is the tater tots....

I was so reved up yesterday but today...when I didn't stop and get my sweet tea and biscut at McDonalds I feel like I've lost a friend. That...and I just feel deprived already. I watched Supersize Me...I know the effects of McDonalds.

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling...it's just harder than I thought.

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Sam*~
Good for you!! I've just recently jumped on here. Today's a new day for me too as I had a rough weekend with my eating. It sounds like we're taking the same approach, planning meals. WELCOME! and GOOD LUCK!!
February 16th, 2009, 06:55 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I am going to treat today like a new day too!

with your ground meats.. you still wanna make sure the ground turkey is lean and u can still have lean ground beef too.

well cheers to new beginnings.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 16th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
lol everytime i drive past Mcdonalds, i feel like I'm missing my best friend lol. It'll take some getting used to definitely! You can do it!

February 16th, 2009, 07:28 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs i know how you feel i went from eating mcdonalds 2 a day and drinking soda all day long to not having any of that stuff i still want it sometimes but nothing like i used too

February 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
I am going to treat today like a new day too!

with your ground meats.. you still wanna make sure the ground turkey is lean and u can still have lean ground beef too.

well cheers to new beginnings.[/b]

Yeah the ground turkey is 93/7 or something like that.

It was Jennie-o which was a lot leaner than the store brand.

CHEERS!!!

February 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you know what I feel when i go by McDs... i feel anger.. i get really pissed off because there is absolutely NOTHING i can eat off their menu.. everything there is so disgustingly prepared.. it's like they have a sign that says Order this if you want to FAIL!

On Friday, we were running late for dinner so I told dh let's stop by McDs to get the kids some dinner.. and then dh said well what are we going to eat.. so i was okay.. i'll find something to eat too.. I got a chicken wrap.. i asked them no mayo.. when i got it .. it was dripping mayo, the chicken was breaded, and the wrap was white... could you ask for something worse for you than that??!! I was heated.. so I went to BK at least I know they have very good salads... I order a huge green salad, no dressing, with 3 oz grilled chicken breast.. It was soo delicious and I didnt feel an ounce of guilt which made the dinner even better.

Anyway, the reason why I shared that with you ladies is to show you that here I was 3months ago.. living off McDs and now it just disgusts me.
February 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
TO:

NEW DAY!!!!!

(glasses up)
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
February 16th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
To new day!

February 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Hugs!! I've been there with the fast food issues. My whole family are burger fiends! I make them at home now. I get 96% lean ground beef, whole wheat buns, fat free mayo, and fat free cheese. With some onion soup mix it makes the burgers taste so good! That is how I got us through our need for fast food. Now I get sick when I get high fat burgers and stuff. You'll get through it, I promise. Just hang in there.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 17th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Quote:
you know what I feel when i go by McDs... i feel anger.. i get really pissed off because there is absolutely NOTHING i can eat off their menu.. everything there is so disgustingly prepared.. it's like they have a sign that says Order this if you want to FAIL!

On Friday, we were running late for dinner so I told dh let's stop by McDs to get the kids some dinner.. and then dh said well what are we going to eat.. so i was okay.. i'll find something to eat too.. I got a chicken wrap.. i asked them no mayo.. when i got it .. it was dripping mayo, the chicken was breaded, and the wrap was white... could you ask for something worse for you than that??!! I was heated.. so I went to BK at least I know they have very good salads... I order a huge green salad, no dressing, with 3 oz grilled chicken breast.. It was soo delicious and I didnt feel an ounce of guilt which made the dinner even better.

Anyway, the reason why I shared that with you ladies is to show you that here I was 3months ago.. living off McDs and now it just disgusts me.[/b]

After watching supersize me...you'd think I'd stop eating there forever just out of sheer disgust! But no.

At one time (when I was skinnier) I refused to eat there. I look at my eating habits now and then and have no doubt why I'm 55+ lbs over weight.

Your right, they have NO healthy items.

I like Chick-fil-a though...they have whole wheat buns.

February 17th, 2009, 05:48 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Quote:
Anyway, the reason why I shared that with you ladies is to show you that here I was 3months ago.. living off McDs and now it just disgusts me.[/b]
! I detest McDonalds.. really all the fast foods. I have gotten to where the grease is no longer tolerable. Not even in my direst of circumstances will I drive through one of those places. My "fast food" is Quiznos or Subway.

I love WW because you can have all that if you want. Just in moderation and portion control. Well I dropped it all and living this healthier lifestyle has made it very easy to give it up 100%. Every now and then I think it's a shame that I can't treat myself to something fast and yummy like I used to but I'm happy I can't, because even in moderation that food isn't "good" for me.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search