How many calories are you eating?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Just curious how many calories you're eating and if you are seeing weight loss progress...Note if you just started that caloric intake.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1457 ... I'm losing about 1lb a week.
February 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
I have been eating around 1300-1400 and not losing hardly any weight - I think I need to re-evaluate. I know I need to add in more veggies and cut out some of the pasta's - I was just thinking about how many days a week we eat pasta and it's at least four a week. I think I need to ask Tonya for help..............................
February 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been eating around 1700-2000lately but I am allowed 2800 according to that plate site because of how heavy I am .. so I have lost 5lbs in just about a week.. I will get the definite weight a week frommy start date though

February 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am on 28 pts plus my 35 weekly flex pts.

Roughly it is about 1400 calories plus and extra 1750 to eat where I please. When I have been curious about calorie counts and plug my food into fit day I on average eat 1500 calories a day.

I lose on average 1 to 3 lbs a week on WW with an average of about 1.5 lbs over time.

February 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
I try to stay within 1500-1630 calories.
I'm seeing changes but I'm considering cutting down my carbs.

February 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Jillians website and another say i should take in about 1300-1418 calories. When i was consuming 1700 i was losing 1 lb, so idk how this is going to go. I did about 1450 the last week but i can't tell much cause i have been retaining water like crazy. we shall see.

February 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I've been eating about 1300 and not seeing any results.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I eat about 2700 calories per day. I don't worry about the scale, but I've gone down 3% body fat in the last couple of weeks. Like I keep trying to tell you all, don't starve yourself! Your body needs fuel. By eating in the right amounts you will lose body fat and maintain muscle and get smaller.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day but I burn 300-400 calories with exercise everyday and I am seeing on average a 2-3lb weight loss a week.

February 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I eat between 1500-1700 a day regardless of whether I have exercised or not. I am seeing a loss of about 1 1/2 pounds a week. I have slowly started cutting out junk and adding in more fruits, vegetable and whol grains.
February 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I've been eating about 1300 and not seeing any results.[/b]

Robyn, I really think that with as much as you do in a day, and as much as you work out, only consuming 1300 cals is what's holding you back from weightloss. I dont' do nearly as much as you do in a day, and i'm closer to 1500 cals a day. I can almost betcha that your body has gone into starvation mode and is holding on to every bit you eat, even healthy food, as fat. Have you plugged your info in age, weight, activity lvl, in one of those counting calories sites.. (like myfitnesspal or dailyplate)? If you haven't.. you should really consider doing that. It might help you.
February 17th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I've been eating about 1300 and not seeing any results.[/b]

Robyn, I really think that with as much as you do in a day, and as much as you work out, only consuming 1300 cals is what's holding you back from weightloss. I dont' do nearly as much as you do in a day, and i'm closer to 1500 cals a day. I can almost betcha that your body has gone into starvation mode and is holding on to every bit you eat, even healthy food, as fat. Have you plugged your info in age, weight, activity lvl, in one of those counting calories sites.. (like myfitnesspal or dailyplate)? If you haven't.. you should really consider doing that. It might help you.
[/b]

Agreed! Jillian also had a message about that on the Youtube Ediets thingy...the one about people who work out too much (i forgot if they were called dorks or crazy people or something lol) anyways a lady asks about why her friend can't lose her last 10 lbs, she works out, roller blades, eats well etc... And Jillian said that she probably has too much of a calorie deficit and that no more than 500. She said for her level of activity which is very active she eats 1700. This is why Tonya also eats a lot of calories cause she's constantly moving and exercising and lifting weights etc...

U have nothing to lose, try 1600 perhaps for 1 week see how it goes. Just keep im nind to eat good foods to add into the 1300 u usually eat.

February 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually eat around 1400 calories a day and maybe a little more if i don't keep track really well. I also have been having one really unhealthy meal a week (can you say Chinese Buffet!) I've lost 12 lbs since I started on January 22nd. (3.5 weeks).

February 17th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat around 1500 more or less... I don't deprive myself... some days I just dont feel liek eating, other days I want to eat... i keep all junk out of my house

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
hey... I;ve been eating about 1280 since that is what my fitness pal tells me I should...do you think that is enough or what? I don't have my measurements so I don't know! What a bummer!

February 17th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search