Weekly Menu Review

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Here's this weeks menu for review:

Breakfast-- breakfast burrito - 1/4 c egg beaters, ff shredded cheddar, 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1/4 c salsa. 1/4 banana & GFI SF vanilla capuccino
Snack-- natural applesauce
Lunch--healthy choice white chicken, red roasted pepper alfredo (with pasta and broccoli)
Snack--Popcorn trailmix (found in TBL Cookbook) quaker oats cereal, popcorn, semi sweet choc chips & craisins.
Dinner-- chicken breast, corn on cob, green beans, brown rice
Snack-- live active pudding

Post your ideas for changes.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
Breakfast: breakfast burrito (no sour cream), orange juice instead of cappachino
Snack: no change
Lunch: no change
snack: fruit
Dinner: add a slice of ww bread
snack: fruit and live active pudding

I'm no good @ these thigns lol

February 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
It's mine, so idk... The sour cream is low fat, the salsa was homemade with tomatoes, garlic. lime juice and cilantro. The only thing i can think of that was bad may be the healthy choice meal because of the sodium, but i did try to pick a lower sodium one than what others offer. I thought i had a good day so by all means lemme know what could be better so I can make changes.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Quote:
It's mine, so idk... The sour cream is low fat, the salsa was homemade with tomatoes, garlic. lime juice and cilantro. The only thing i can think of that was bad may be the healthy choice meal because of the sodium, but i did try to pick a lower sodium one than what others offer. I thought i had a good day so by all means lemme know what could be better so I can make changes.[/b]
Thats why I picked it, because it was a good one. Even good days have room for improvement though, and looking at a good day makes people think harder about healthy eating. My main suggestion would be to add in more fruits and veggies.

Breakfast-- breakfast burrito - 1/4 c egg beaters, ff shredded cheddar, 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1/4 c salsa. 1/4 banana & GFI SF vanilla capuccino I'd go with more of the banana (1/2 a banana is a serving) and check the fat content of the capuccino
Snack-- natural applesauce good, but needs a protein with it. A piece of baked chicken would be good, or maybe mix some protein powder in with it for a different flavor in your applesauce and a mix of carbs and protein.
Lunch--healthy choice white chicken, red roasted pepper alfredo (with pasta and broccoli) I'd avoid any of these prepared meals as they aren't as healthy as they advertise. Too high in sodium and sometimes fat (especially alfredo sauces). If you make this from scratch you can use whole wheat pasta, fresh veggies, and leaner chicken and cut down on the sodium.
Snack--Popcorn trailmix (found in TBL Cookbook) quaker oats cereal, popcorn, semi sweet choc chips & craisins. Not bad, but still lacking in protein. Maybe do a mix with some natural peanut butter so you get the healthy fats and protein in addition to the carbs you're getting from this mix?
Dinner-- chicken breast, corn on cob, green beans, brown rice Excellent
Snack-- live active pudding Good because it has a mix of protein and carbs, but could be higher in protein. Also, I'd add in more fruits and veggies here if you haven't already added them earlier in the day.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Okay, thanks... I have to really watch my sodium so I know those dinners will not do lol. My sugar seems to go sky high when i do more fruits.

The cappuccino does have 3g fat, but i did notice 2g sat fat. So i need to make it an occasional goody.

February 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I knew this was Pamala's without even reading the whole menu.. lol at first I was like.. ***??!! why??!.. but then I read Tonya's comment and I agree.. always room for improvement.. okay here goes my 2cents...

Breakfast-- breakfast burrito - 1/4 c egg beaters, ff shredded cheddar, 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1/4 c salsa. 1/4 banana & GFI SF vanilla capuccino *** I'd nix the sour cream, already have cheese in it, no need to add more fat. I'd nix the cappuccino too, maybe have a cup of white tea ***

Snack-- natural applesauce *** throw some almonds in there ***

Lunch--healthy choice white chicken, red roasted pepper alfredo (with pasta and broccoli) *** Girl, i should bonk you in the head.. tell me .. how much sodium does this meal have?.. you know you retain water like mad. You know what you can do, one day, precook an entire box of whole wheat pasta, measure out 5oz of cooked pasta in baggies and freeze them. The cook a bunch of grilled chicken breast and freeze them in 3oz serving bags.. then when you are in a rush.. just pop the baggies in the microwave... and if you want something of a sauce.. grab a pan, spray some pam, get some Butter buds, sprinkle some, about a couple of tblspn of plain yogurt, couple of onion and garlic flakes, then toss in your pasta and chicken.. PRESTO.. easy peasy lunch... and if you had left over veggies from the night before.. toss them in there too.. makes a great lunch ***

Snack--Popcorn trailmix (found in TBL Cookbook) quaker oats cereal, popcorn, semi sweet choc chips & craisins. ** that's good **

Dinner-- chicken breast, corn on cob, green beans, brown rice *** I would cut out the corn on the cob, since you are already having brown rice as your carb, remmber the 40, 30, 30 rule ***

Snack-- live active pudding ** great ***
February 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
lol it had 560g sodium not bad for a tv dinner lol i was lazy that day! i will do my best to refrain cause i KNOW how bad i am with sodium hehehe

February 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
who would've know those meals weren't good lol. You learn something new everyday lol

February 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Quote:
who would've know those meals weren't good lol. You learn something new everyday lol[/b]
they were good, but Tonya wanted to show that there is still room for improvement and yeah i agree

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search