Having a Hard time...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Sam*~
Getting on this weightloss band wagon is turning out to be a lot harder than I thought. In 2007 I lost 75 lbs all by working hard and eating well, it seemed like it was so much easier for me to get going that time. Two pregnancies later, I have put 14 pounds of that 75 back on. I want to feel like I felt in 2007, which was fit, strong and lean. I am sure that a lot of my problem is that I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I am still dealing with a lot of the hormones and everything. I have no problems exercising, I LOVE exercise, my eating is my biggest problem. I truly want to binge everyday. What's making this even harder is that I don't have a routine right now, and I thrive on routine. I am on maternity leave until April 8th. So my daughter and I sit at home all day or go out shopping. So if I'm sitting at home I have the urge to eat and eat and eat. I know myself well enough though to know that once I can get going and STOP binge eating that I will succeed. Sorry to rant on and on, I am just really having a hard time with getting going and I don't want to fail. I thought maybe you wonderful ladies might have a few ideas for me to get myself on the right path. Thanks for reading.

P.S.- I hate whinny pants people and I feel like I sound like one right now!
February 17th, 2009, 07:40 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I don't remember..r u breastfeeding? may be part of the reason you are craving if so....

I know what u mean about sitting home and then getting the urge to eat eat eat...I HAD to make myself get out, walk around walmart (which is dangerous cause money gets spent). I know the weather sucks.

Maybe during your down time when ur bored you can pre-prepare your food for later on or other days and freeze it. By taking the time to do your measurements and cooking you may not even feel like eating lol. IDK i hope you or we can figure out something for you.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 17th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Pamala. I am not BF'ing. I am going to make an effort to get out more. I am actually about to get offline and get my but in gear to get out of the house right now. I'll get back on here this afternoon with hopefully a whole new outlook on this stuff.
February 17th, 2009, 07:55 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I sound like a broken record when i say this all the time.... Get the JUNK FOOD out of your house. It will help you tremendously. One of the biggest things that triggers binging is knowing that the food we are craving is within arms reach. I know I've had a box of chocolates sitting in my cupboard and for an entire week it was calling my name... I was torturing myself by keeping it there. One day when I was craving it, I went to go and try to eat the entire box.. I stopped myself after 4 pieces and just said enough is enough.. and ditched the other half of the box. Now that the box of chocolates aren't there... even when i get the urge to eat chocolate.. I cant' go and eat it cuz it's not there.. instead i'll grab a granola bar, a piece of fruit.. or just give up searching for something to eat and wait it for lunch or dinner. Seriously, if all you have in your pantry is whole wheat bread, granola, fiber cereal.. what are you going to binge on.. that?? No, right?.. so yeah.. Either throw it in the garbage, or give it away.. stock up on nutritious foods and you'll see a big improvement.
February 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter had the colic so bad...all I did was tend to her and eat. had NO time for myself. Plus hormones. That started my bad habits.

I understand what your going through. You hate being this way but you can't help it. I feel that way right now....

I also realized I won't ever have a fit body again, but you know what, that's okay. I have a beautiful daughter to love and she is worth it!

If you stop it now, you won't have as far to go. YOu can do it!!!

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 17th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I know I sound like a broken record when i say this all the time.... Get the JUNK FOOD out of your house.[/b]

I was just going to say this.
February 17th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. You're all very right. Sounds like DH and I will have to have a little sit down talk tonight about the junk food. He's of course super lean, fit man who can eat anything he wants and not gain a pound. But he's going to have to sacrifice for his wife!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search