I am not shred worthy

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried it last night and I can't even do the first level. OMG it was hard. And she's there saying You can do this I have 400 lb clients who can do this and all I can think is Good for them. I'm not doing this!

I think I need to up my fitness to just get to the first level. Yikes. I'm sure though, if you do get through that torture you will look being to look like her. But I'm not sure I want to look like her bad enough

I think I'll try it again in a month or two. Luckily I rented it from Netflix so I didn't cost me anything.
February 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i wouldn't give up yet...even though she says there are no modified jumping jacks, do them anyways. Take a ew more breaks than they do. Even if you have to take several, u can do it! i know it's hard, i had to start all over lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no susan.. dont' give up girl!

Just do the best you can and if you have to stop and catch your breath so be it.. just keep marching in place while you do that... but dont' give up. It's a great workout.. i've gotten significantly stronger doing it... and if you can only complete 5mins of it today, then tommorow try to go an extra minute.. and keep doing it like that.

February 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Yep! agree with ana...even if you are doing only a small portion of the work out, you will build up to doing the whole work out. U can march in place, do side steps, grapevines, walk back and forth pacing, ANYTHING give it a little longer. Don't feel bad cause ur not doing all that they do. Sometimes, likein level 2w2hen i'd get too dtired i'd switch from modified to the regular moves. Just do what u can when u can...u will get it!

February 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
ThatStaceyGirl's Avatar Oh noes!
Send a message via Yahoo to ThatStaceyGirl
I agree. Don't get discouraged. You could always try modified versions of what the instructor is doing or if it becomes too much, walk in place. That's still doing something and it counts.

When I started doing Tae Bo, no joke, I could only do 5 minutes. I was smoked. I spent a lot of time just trying the new movements as he would introduce them.

So don't worry, trying is what matters. It's possible there's another exercise routine out there that is more fitted to your needs.

February 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks girls! Ok, I won't give up yet. I'll try it again tonight. I'll try to make it past the jumping jacks. OMG, someone with big boobs like mine can not do jumping jacks!! I need like an xsuper support sports bra to do those.
February 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM
unfortunately i don't have big enough boobs to know how that is...they are too small for my liking but i deal with it lol.

Definitely need to get a good jumping sportsbra if you can or double strap em lol.

just do what you can, don't do more than 5 second breaks but if you can't do a certain move she does, do it as modified as possible or do some sort of movement. Just don't stop moving!

February 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Quote:
unfortunately i don't have big enough boobs to know how that is...they are too small for my liking but i deal with it lol.

Definitely need to get a good jumping sportsbra if you can or double strap em lol.

just do what you can, don't do more than 5 second breaks but if you can't do a certain move she does, do it as modified as possible or do some sort of movement. Just don't stop moving![/b]
I agree with everything!!! I have very small ones too so I have no clue what you ladies go through! BUT you can do it!!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
thanks girls! Ok, I won't give up yet. I'll try it again tonight. I'll try to make it past the jumping jacks. OMG, someone with big boobs like mine can not do jumping jacks!! I need like an xsuper support sports bra to do those.[/b]

Oh honey. I'm a size 40DD.....i know the feeling.

My old sports bras....these puppies flung out of their faster than I could put them back in....

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a 40DD too.. and yah, you have to double up... thats' what I did and it helps. Now i'm down to a 38C and they still jump all about .. lol... but when it's time for cardio or doing shred, i wear my superduper sportsbra and i'll wear one of those tanks that have a built in sports bra underneath.
February 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
I agree - you can do it. Just do the modified moves and take breaks when you need to. Don't get discouraged, it takes time to get yourself back into the game. I am a lot stronger than when i started and when i started I would be winded b4 I was done with the warm ups and now I'm finishing level three!!!!

Hang in there. My DH does it with me and there are some of the moves he can't do 'cause they hurt his back and he just jogs in place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search