Why do I feel so run down???

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started my new diet monday and I've been doing good so far.

I did 50 min sweatin to the oldies last night as my exercise.

Thing is...why do I feel so run down??? I went to bed at 8:30 last night (early for me) and I can hardly keep my eyes open after lunch.

I have snacked on an orange and grapes today for my morning and afternoon snack. Had a salad for lunch with chicken and all sorts of veggies.

Is there a reason for this? I mean, I thought exercise and eating right were suppose to give you MORE energy. ]

UPDATED FOOD LOG:

Monday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal Weight Control Banana Nut
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Salad (veggies - mushroom, 3 kids of pepper, tomato, radish, cucumber) w/ light ranch and 3 oz of steak
Snack Whole wheat wheat thins - 16 crackers
Dinner - turkey tater tot casserole

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Whole wheat bagel w/ low fat cream cheese
Snack: Orange
Lunch: Salad same as above with 1 small canned chicken and raspberry vinegrette (sp?)
Snack: Grapes
Dinner: Baked chicken w/ squash and carrots (cooked in chicken broth) and a small salad

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
It will, but your body is so used to doing the opposite it just hasn't gotten used to it, i guess. I remember going thru the same thing. R u taking a vitamin? I went to the doc and also found out i was anemic so i had to take iron pills for a while. I finally started balancing out my diet.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 17th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what are you eating? exercise does give me a boost. but sometimes when I'm dieting I get tired, especially if I eat too many carbs. Need a little protein in there too.
February 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yah, definitely need protein.. post your food log for us to see.. it might be your diet.
February 18th, 2009, 06:20 AM
bump

February 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I would add an egg to your bagel breakfasts and something extra to your oatmeal breakfasts. Try to eat a whole wheat bagel if you do choose bagels.

How many calories did you consume those two days? Do you know?

February 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I'm not really sure about the calories. I was more doing WW points...I have 32 points to manage with. The bagels are 100% whole wheat.

I had 13 points left over at the end of the day...after counting up everything...

February 18th, 2009, 07:48 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
those meals sound good to me (but I'm NOT the one who know anything lol)....you go girl!!!

I'm HORRIBLE at eating right. I'm getting too much sodium!! I thought I was doing something good by eating Lean Cuisine....I've been eating it for lunch everyday!!! food sucks but I love it heeh

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm not really sure about the calories. I was more doing WW points...I have 32 points to manage with. The bagels are 100% whole wheat.

I had 13 points left over at the end of the day...after counting up everything...[/b]

No no no, no extra pts left over at the end of the day. You need to eat all of your daily pts. Flex pts are optional, but don't try to cut corners and lose weight quicker by eating less pts. Eat all your dailys or you will slow your metabolism into starvation mode and feel yucky. Try adding 2 tbsp of peanut butter to an apple or some crackers. PB really will burn through extra pts quickly.

I eat every pt given to me, all my dailys, all my flexies, all my APs everything. You want to finish this with the most pts possible so you don't end up only being able to eat 20 pts a day to maintain your loss, which happens if you don't eat enough!

Ok off my soap box now
February 18th, 2009, 10:22 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
While I go by calories instead of points, I agree, that you aren't eating enough. Even though your choices are good, you need to increase the portions, add in more protein and complex carbs. You are only getting 2 servings of whole grains a day from what I'm seeing and you are suppose to have 6 to 11 servings of whole grains per day. (60% carbs seems to be the optimum amount for proper functioning.) Whole grains are the best source of complex carbs, which are the primary fuel source for the brain. Lack of fuel for the brain makes you tired!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 18th, 2009, 10:38 AM
yeah if you are eating far less than 32 pts u might be taking in only 1200 calories. @ 31 pts i am looking now is 1494 cals 26 fat 23 fiber

at 18 points it equated to about

900 cals 10 g fat and 10 g fiber (give or take on the fiber and a little on the fat)

February 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:

I had 13 points left over at the end of the day...after counting up everything...[/b]

No no no, no extra pts left over at the end of the day. You need to eat all of your daily pts. Flex pts are optional, but don't try to cut corners and lose weight quicker by eating less pts. Eat all your dailys or you will slow your metabolism into starvation mode and feel yucky. Try adding 2 tbsp of peanut butter to an apple or some crackers. PB really will burn through extra pts quickly.

I eat every pt given to me, all my dailys, all my flexies, all my APs everything. You want to finish this with the most pts possible so you don't end up only being able to eat 20 pts a day to maintain your loss, which happens if you don't eat enough!

Ok off my soap box now
[/b]
I meant left over before dinner....I used all them up after I ate dinner. For some reason I had it in my head that you meant when I was feeling tired...and when I said end of the day I meant workday.

Sorry...see..I'm not thinking clearly either.

February 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM
lol whew! okay. I would take tonya's advice see how that works, and make sure you're taking a multi-vitamin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search