I'm new here

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone-
My name is Katie. I'm a mommy to two wonderful little boys. Zak is 2 1/2 and Zaden is 3 months. I am needing some help/motivation on losing some weight. I really would like to lose 20 lbs by the end of May. Is that even possible? Currently I weigh 153. I have always lingered around 130-145. Right before I got prego with Zaden, I weighed 135 (I also had just gotten a breast reduction...that took 2.5 lbs. off:-) I had been walking quite a bit and "kinda" watching what I ate. I had Zaden at 35 weeks. I had gained 33 lbs. So, I was at 168. He had to stay in the hospital for 10 days. I lost 20 lbs. easily. At my 4 week pp check up, I only weighed 143. Obviously, I have gained 10 lbs. back in just two months!!!!! I am completely disgusted with myself. I am an emotional eater. I eat when I'm bored, when I get up to feed my baby, when I'm doing anything. It's terrible. I was using my elliptical but have fallen off that wagon. I was walking at work...fell off that too! I need your help! I will take some pics and post them as soon as I can. I will also measure. Where all should I measure? Do I pull the tape tight or just snug? How often should I weigh/measure? When am I supposed to find time to exercise? I know I can walk on my lunch hour...around 45 min. My elliptical is in my basement (it's a nice finished basement but I hate taking the kids down there because I don't feel like I can watch them while I exercise). I could get up extra early and do it. DH leaves for work by 6:15 am. I would have to do it super early. I really hate the thought of leaving my kiddies upstairs while I am downstairs. I have a nice sized house. Plus, Zaden has reflux and stopped breathing last week (had to call 911). That freaks me out. I do have a swiss ball and dumbells (that I can use upstairs). I have a squat machine, bench, lat machine downstairs. Oh and I live in IL so it's quite cold out right now so I can't take the kids outside to exercise. I drive 45 minutes to work ea. way, so I'm gone a lot. I need to know the best possible exercises and any advice on how I can lose the weight. We are going to our timeshare on May 22. I would love to weigh 135 by then. Am I being ridiculous?
Also, I need advice on how to stop eating nothing but junk and so much of it. I am really getting depressed about not being able to wear my old clothes. I had my breast reduction and want to enjoy having smaller boobs. Heck, my belly sticks out farther than they do now :-( I look forward to working with all you to lose weight. I need this!!!!! One more thing...I wear a size 10. I would love to wear a size 6 again.

February 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Hi Katie! Welcome.. The best way to stop eating junk is to keep it out of the house, or keep it somewhere you never have to see it. I know it's hard, but that is a big step in getting over this hump. Supplement your sweet tooth with healthier sweet snacks like jello pudding and jello gelatin 10 calorie servings and also popcorn. If you like kettle corn, smart pop has a pretty good 100 calorie pack kettle corn that is not all fatty and sugary.

If you get burned out on certain equipment, change it up. I do that in the gym to, i'll do 30 minutes on one, 30 on another or 20 and 20 on a third. I get bored easily too and i don't want to do that to myself. I even change up the setting i work out on so that my body is always doing something new.

I am sure you'll get ur weight off in no time and yes you can lose 20 lbs by may

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi and welcome

My name is Becky and i have been on this board since the 1st week of Jan i started my diet On jan 1,2009 at 243lbs and as of today i 219 an dit will only be 7 weeks on thursday.. I used to eat out at mcdonalds 1-2 times a day and all i ever drank was pepsi or mt dew and what ever i wanted in between now i eat 3 meals a day adn a few snack fruit or the 100 calorie pack s and drink a couple cups of skim milk and oj a day an dthe rest i TRY to drink water but i still hate that lol i havnt really exercised much yet but really need to

good luck

February 18th, 2009, 02:44 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In order to lose those 20lbs you need to clean up your diet and exercise, exercise, and exercise.. giving yourself a day of rest once a week. Like Pamala said.. if junk food is your weakness and you say it's really cold and you cant' get out.. it's really simple.. DON'T bring that junk HOME !! Leave it at the store.. if dh is the one that asks for it.. then let him go get it himself.... next time you go shopping.. dont even think about going down those yucky isles.. stock your fridge and pantry up with wholesome foods... betcha you wont' be snackin' on pita bread for too long.. but really.. do yourself a huge justice and just dont buy it !

Exercise.. well.. get it when you can. i know with two little ones it can be challenging... if you feel guilty leaving your kiddos upstairs while you work out then why not look on ebay or something for a video baby monitor... I have one and it's awesome.. i'm sure you'll find something cheaper if you look for a used one.. i paid close to $200 for mine but it was brand new... but it was one of the best investments ever. Or you can wait until your dh comes home at night and workout after your kids are in bed.. that way dh is upstairs while you are sweating your tush down stairs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search