Those that did the 30-day shred....

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
....tell me about it.

I have been hanging at the same weight for the past 2-3 months and I am SO ready to kick this last 20 lbs in the butt and finally reach my goal!!!! I've been kind of slacking, not really working at losing weight over the past couple months, mostly just because life has been SO hectic around here lately that weightloss has kind of gotten pushed down on my priority list. The good news in all of it is that I have maintained my weight loss and haven't gained back any weight that I've lost so far...not even a single pound, so I am very proud of myself for that, at least. I didn't even gain any weight over the holidays, so that in itself is pretty good.

But....I only have 20 lbs left to lose to reach my goal...just 20! I know I can do it...I just have to step it up a notch and really work at it to get it off. I knew the last leg of my weightloss journey would be the hardest...well, here I am...I am at it. And I am ready.....

SO....for those that have done the 30-day shred...tell me about it. Did it work for you? Is it hard? How much weight have you lost?

Once I reach my final weight loss goal, my goal after that is to tone up and really start getting my body in SHAPE...and I thought the 30 day shred program would be a good way for me to transition myself from the "weightloss mode" into the "toning up mode"....while I bust out these last 20 lbs.

So c'mon ladies...how was it? Tell me about it.

February 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost a total of 5lbs from when I started, but i'm not a good person to gauge from because I was doing my P90 and walking along with it... but I will tell you this much. It made me so much stronger. The Shred is an awesome workout for gaining strength.

I think Jillian has 2 new videos out there.. and one is a toner one.. might want to look into getting that.. i think it's 55mins long.. so you'll get a heck of a workout... i haven't done it yet.. but I think i'm going to get it just so I have something different for when i get bored.

If you do get the Shred, I'm starting round 2 of it on Monday and anyone that want's in, can join our group. I make a daily post so you can come in and keep yourself updated.

Anyway, glad to see you back I'm working on my last 14lbs so I hope i get there by the summer.
February 18th, 2009, 04:28 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i didn't do the full 30 days but i started over on Monday and i will honestly say you will see a difference in your shape and everything. I am sore all over again and it was only a few days since i had done it last before restarting.

You will sweat like a dog and you will sometimes wanna curse her out, but if you eat right and give her your 20 minutes, i think you'll do fine. I recommend it to EVERYONE even people at the gym.

I just bought her new ones and I am looking forward to seeing how much more i hate her.

Congrats on having 20 more lbs. I think sometimes it's in our minds and we sabatoge ourselves. Get the dvd it's worth the 11 bucks to try it or see if you have it on demand. If you get her new 2 it'll be about another 25 bucks incl shipping. Amazon has em and even sneak peaks on all 3 of these routines.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 18th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
I loved it. I only lost two pounds on it but I have lost several inches!!! I can see a huge difference in pics and my clothes. It is a really good work out and it does make you sweat and it makes your muscles burn - but hey, isn't that what we all want - lol! I have between 15 & 20 more pounds to go so I will be doing the second round with Ana. You should go for it - you won't be sorry.
February 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got it for Christmas, but I couldn't do it yet b/c I was preggo. My question for those who've done it...should I work my way back up to it after doing milder exercise 1st, or can I just jump right into it? I didn't exercise during pregnancy, but I was a machine before getting pregnant. I also had a c-section.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
In my opinion the 30 day shred is a good place to start. I only lost 3 lbs but I'm also close to my goal weight. It definately makes you stronger. I tell you though, she's wonderful and you'll hate her at the same time!!
Then maybe work up to her 55 minute workouts.....I have both of them they are No MOre Trouble Zones & Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (this one is REALLY hard). Jillian so far is the best instructor...I've done lots of workout videos....she's not flexible (I'm not either) she's just REAL.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
February 18th, 2009, 07:46 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got it for Christmas, but I couldn't do it yet b/c I was preggo. My question for those who've done it...should I work my way back up to it after doing milder exercise 1st, or can I just jump right into it? I didn't exercise during pregnancy, but I was a machine before getting pregnant. I also had a c-section.[/b]

ooh.. i dont know Amy.. I would get an okay from the dr first.. but usually they recommend you start off with light exercise, walking, working up to a jog.. stuff like that... if your doc tells you can do high impact workout then I'd say go for it.. give it a shot.
February 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Quote:
I got it for Christmas, but I couldn't do it yet b/c I was preggo. My question for those who've done it...should I work my way back up to it after doing milder exercise 1st, or can I just jump right into it? I didn't exercise during pregnancy, but I was a machine before getting pregnant. I also had a c-section.[/b]
when i had my 2nd c/s my doctor looked at my scar and told me i was good to return to exercise as usual. I would just see what your doc says after checking ur incision and then describing that it will have jumping jacks, push ups, some strength training, squats etc.. i am sure u'll be cleared to do it!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
I had my second c-section in November and was released back to exercise at my eight week pp appt. I started shred in January - I didn't work out during my pregnancy either. It was hard, but I made it thru ok. I did have a couple days that after the work out the area around my incision was tender but that was it. My incision healed really well tho. If you have the ok from your Dr. I would say it would be ok to start with this just maybe doing the modified moves.
February 18th, 2009, 01:34 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I think it's probably a great video for people who are down to their last 20 or less pounds. I enjoyed it. I think I ended up losing around 5 pounds on it too, but I think it's alot more for sculpting rather than losing. I think for now I'm putting it back on the shelf until I am closer to my goal weight, and I am going to go back to my biggest loser videos.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why is it called 30 day shred if you tone more than loose weight. I guess you loose inches?

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search