Well here I am

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2005, 07:58 AM
cab8971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to cab8971
Hi, I'm Amy (23), DH is Chris (24). Please don't think less of me. I just got off the phone with my Dr. and have found out I have Glucose Intolerance. I need to lose over 120 lbs and I'll still be considered over weight. No one would guess how much I weight by looking at me, thankfully I "carry it well". I am being put on Metformin to help regulate my glucose levels. My Dr. is hoping I'll be able to go off the Metformin once I lose 30 lbs, but we'll see she said. She is making an appt. with a nutritionist for me and I'm waiting to hear when that is.

I will be starting my exercising tomorrow along with the Met. and watching my sugar and carb intake.

I will be getting little to no support from DH as he doesn't see a problem with the way I look. I also will probably not even be able to tell him the results from the Dr. as he doesn't like to listen unless he's the one talking or the topic of conversation interests him. I know I'm making him sound horrible, but he's really a great guy.

I have no one to exercise with so I have to go at this alone. I have exercise videos I picked up that I will be doing along with walking our 2 dogs. Which will be good for both me and them.

I'm just looking for some support in what's going to be a long hard journey for me. Also, any tips or ideas to make this a little easier (HA, HA!) would be much appreciated.

<span style="colorurple">DH (25)
Me (24)
TTC #1 since October 2004
Diagnosed w/Glucose Intolerance 4/1/05
Metformin 1500 mg
Normal HSG 6/11/05
Normal SA 6/17/05
February 2006 - 50mg Clomid

Furbabies: Allie, Sneakers, Taz, Misty and Cammy

April 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmph is all I have to say about your dh's behavior. You're health is important and SHOULD interest him!
If you aren't going to get any support from him, why not join Weight Watchers? I'm speaking out of ignorance here, so I apologize, but don't you go to meetings wtih other people? That would be a great place to meet some women that you have this very thing in common with- Heck, maybe even a work out buddy!

Good luck!!!

</div>
April 1st, 2005, 03:50 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amy,
I'm sorry to hear about your GI. In fact, a number of people have GI and don't even know it. I look forward to hearing what the nutritionist has to say. You have the right idea with controlling your sugar and carb intake. Healthy eating is a priority!
I suspect they'll tell you to limit simple sugars by making changes like not drinking calories. That is, drink water instead of drinks and artificial juices. Remember, complex carbs are good, but the simple carbs should be limited (like crackers, cake, etc).
Anyway, I just want you to know that you're not alone, and you can do this!

Cheers to a healthier you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search