Mommy Weightloss and Fitness Meet and Greets

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
ryansmommy1111's Avatar Proud JM Co-Host
Welcome to Mommy Weightloss and Fitness! We are so happy to have you here, and we hope to get to know each and every one of you. We're a positive, supportive, and silly group of ladies having fun together and making friends on our journeys to getting healthy and staying that way. Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about ya, and make yourself at home! And thanks for stopping in!

~ Holli, Princess Jigglebuster , proud mommy of 8 angel babies and 3 little squirts, phenominal homemaker, MasterChef of my kitchen, resident psychologist and boot camp instructor, boo boo fixer, private tutor, maid, most awesome partner for my dh , AND queen of "kiss it better" 's

To lose weight, stay fit and motivated, get support, have fun and form friendships with a part of a great group of girls, follow me to the Mommy Weightloss and Fitness Board!
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/

"If you can't accept me at my worst, then you sure don't deserve me at my best."

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you
always got"

"Quitting is NOT an option"
January 7th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Okie dokie I'll start, my name's Holli and I'm 36, I live in Texas and have 3 kiddos. Never had a weight issue til I started having babies lol...high risk pg is my middle name. What inspires me the most to lose weight and get back to my thin self again? I lost my grandpa to obesity. He waited until it was too late. I don't wanna die from something I could have prevented, I just couldn't do that to my babies. I wanna do everything I can in my power to live as long a life as I can with them. I love playing video games, spending time with dh and my munchkins, movies (scary ones are my fave!), coooking and writing poetry. I hope to write a book one day! That would be really awesome. I'm no stranger to justmommies... I first came here a few years ago looking for support TTC, and then I had all my m/c's, and I tell ya, I never found a better group of girls all in one place than right here. This site was like one big hug during that whole time, and really helped me carry on when I didn't think I could. And now that time is behind me, I'm still here, and I would love nothing more than to give back that same kind of support and encouragement and warm fuzzies to other jm members that I was shown.
~ Holli, Princess Jigglebuster , proud mommy of 8 angel babies and 3 little squirts, phenominal homemaker, MasterChef of my kitchen, resident psychologist and boot camp instructor, boo boo fixer, private tutor, maid, most awesome partner for my dh , AND queen of "kiss it better" 's

To lose weight, stay fit and motivated, get support, have fun and form friendships with a part of a great group of girls, follow me to the Mommy Weightloss and Fitness Board!

"If you can't accept me at my worst, then you sure don't deserve me at my best."

always got"

January 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
I'm Corey, 26, and also from Texas I've been a member of JM since June of 2007 when my son was born. Those are my support ladies. We've never met but are closer than some of my local friends. Our kids were born in the same month or close to it and we've watched them grow together. In July 2009, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and found I could keep the inflammation at bay with exercise, rather the Methotrexate they wanted to put me on. That stuff is scary and I'm glad I can avoid it. Jazzercise is relatively new to me though (May 2011) but I loved it from Day One. If ever you get a chance to exercise with friends, do it! Thanks for welcoming me here!
January 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraydensMama View Post
I'm Corey, 26, and also from Texas I've been a member of JM since June of 2007 when my son was born. Those are my support ladies. We've never met but are closer than some of my local friends. Our kids were born in the same month or close to it and we've watched them grow together. In July 2009, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and found I could keep the inflammation at bay with exercise, rather the Methotrexate they wanted to put me on. That stuff is scary and I'm glad I can avoid it. Jazzercise is relatively new to me though (May 2011) but I loved it from Day One. If ever you get a chance to exercise with friends, do it! Thanks for welcoming me here!
Well your name is easy to remember That's one of my munchkin's names! Really I totally agree with the being closer than your local friends - when they are sleeping, all my fave night owls are on the prowl surfing with me lol. That is wonderful you could avoid those meds with exercise - I think meds are okay, but you're right - some of them I'd just assume go without if at all possible. My friend has a thyroid disorder too, but I'm not sure of the name, I wonder if exercise might also help her. Worth checking into.

Awesome to have another Texas girl in here with me!

always got"

February 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Trisha and I'm from Ohio.I'm new to JM and I'm looking for weightloss support. I have one child..a daughter who will be turning 5 next week! Ever since the birth of my daughter I have had high blood pressure. My doctor found out that I also have a heart valve leak. I currently have to take bp meds 3 times a day. On top of this I have osteoarthritis in my spine and arthritis in my knees so working out can be a challenge. I am only 30 lbs overweight; but, I need to get it off. I look foward to meeting everyone!

March 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Queen_of_the_House's Avatar Veteran
My name is Amanda. I'm fairly new around JM. But I love it! I could also use some weightloss support. I have 3 kiddos-all boys. They keep me busy but I could do better with keeping up with them. I have had a weight issue my whole life. I also tend to be an emotional eater and when dealing with school, kids, exes, financial issues--well, it's easy to see how I gained weight. But now is time to get rid of it, once and for all!
I hope to get to know you all!

July 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
MrsJLDeShane's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsJLDeShane Send a message via Yahoo to MrsJLDeShane Send a message via Skype™ to MrsJLDeShane
I'm Jasmin. I'm a single mommy to two kids. I'm 28, DS is 4, DD is 1. I'm also a Texas Gal. I'm not here to lose weight (not only am I five lbs under my pre-kid weight, I'm 15 lbs under my high school weight) but to tone up and to be strong and healthy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Random Ramblings of a Southern Momma
Fit & Fabulous!
July 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to reply to this thread when I re-joined. Oops.

I'm Kelsey. Wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (5 years) and Josh (2 years). I've been a member of this board off and on for the last couple years. Right now I am trying to lose that last 20 stubborn pounds to get to my goal weight of 120. Heck, I'd even be happy to get down to 125. I signed up for MFP this go round and am hoping that it helps me out. I know it's really opened my eyes these last 5 days with how many calories are in everything. It's also reminded me that I can't eat like I did when I taught dance classes as I am not quite that active any more. Biggest challenge I face with exercising is my knees. I slightly dislocated both of them while dancing in college and they have bothered me ever since. Once they start to hurt I tend to take a break and then never get back at it. Guess that is me and my fitness goals in a nutshell.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
I introed myself on the main page... I hadnt noticed this one, should I move it?

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
September 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hi ..
I am Alicia i'm 32 i live in France. a new member of this wonderful forum and useful , I hope to report all friends here , And benefited them one goal weight loss . and new to this forum.i am interested to gain more knowledge about dieting and weighting loss
I am happy to join this forum
Thank you <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search