Chat Thread! Jan '13

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Here's our monthly chat thread! What's on your mind?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How have you been feeling Jennifer? Is your morning sickness getting better? Will you guys find out the sex of this baby?

As for me I have not been that diligent in my workouts through out the holidays but now that I am back to work, I am getting up early and getting my workouts in again.
SpazTaz likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Melissa, thanks for asking. I've been feeling pretty good most of the time, but I don't think my energy has come back all the way yet. My next appt. is the 8th but I don't have an u/s scheduled. We've decided to keep it a surprise... as far as the practical things go, we're set either way. And finding out the gender for ourselves at the birth is so much fun!

Did anybody have any parties or other celebrations for New Year's?
SpazTaz likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
We stayed home on New Years. I didn't even make it to 12:00 to see the ball drop. Went to bed around 10:00. When you have an 8 month old who will be back up around 2:00, you just go to bed.

How is everybody doing with their workouts since the New Year? I've been good so far, let's see if we can keep it up!!

January 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
I had to work 3-11 on new year's eve, had a terrible shift. Got home and finally got to have some dinner, totally forgot to watch midnight come and go b/c we were watching something, went to bed at about 1 a.m. It was quite possibly the lamest ever, lol!

I did get on the TM on the 1st- going to be my goal to do some running every other day. Good so far, LOL! I'm working 11-7 night shifts all month, only got about 5.5 hours of sleep, not feeling like doing anything right now. I'm going to at least do 20 minutes though.

I also decided to keep a resistance band in my work bag so that I can do some strength training at some time during my shift. Last night I was working my arms at 3 a.m. I can't decide for sure if that is brilliant or weird.

January 4th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we stayed home for NYE and I was the only one still awake at midnight lol

I just can't get into the exercise/healthy eating thing-I feel distracted and lost right now. I need to find my center again
January 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We went to a friend's house for hubby to do some diagnostics on his car, grabbed dinner on the way home, it was almost midnight when we got home, so we lit off our ground fireworks (legal here) with a few neighbors that did their too at midnight. It was a fun time. Got the kid to bed shortly after that, but hubby and I were up until, well I went to bed around 4:30 AM, hubby went to bed after me. We don't drink or party really, so nothing major, but enjoyed our few ground fireworks, and some TV. Recorded the ball dropping and the rose parade for the kid to watch new Year's Day, so it was good.

Took a break in October with working out since we went on vacation, then holidays, but need to start back. My son starts back to school on Monday, so my plan is to start back to working out when he starts back to school and our schedules get back to normal. Since I work from home, it's been late going to bed and late getting up, so need to flip my schedule back for the coming week.
January 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
We are having nachos for dinner. I make mine "upside down" with salad on the bottom and just 3-4 chips crushed up on top. I get a lot of veggies instead of a lot of chips that way! I just can't believe my first baby girl is 16.
Just_Marie likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Happy 16th Birthday to Raechel!
January 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
How was everybody's weekend?

Ours was relaxing and a lot of fun. I went for a run on the TM and then spent all afternoon tidying up... I cleaned the bathroom, did four loads of laundry (they even got put away!), cleaned out the utility closet, and organized our main pantry. Then I decided to clean out Lucy's and Mary's drawers. That's when I overheard DH tell the kids, "Watch out, guys, I think mom is nesting." LOL!

Last night DH could feel baby kick, he was so excited about that. Now he's convinced we're having a boy because our last two girls were so mellow, he could hardly ever feel them move. So, anyway, we had a great weekend, I hope everybody else did too!

January 10th, 2013, 04:56 PM
There was "nothing" in the house to eat, so I went to the store and bought a green pepper. Found the rest of the ingredients in the pantry or freezer and made a huge pot of stuff I called "Dirty Quinoa". It was deeee-lishus!

Chop onion, and green pepper (celery would be good here, too). Cook in a little bit of oil with a chub of pork sausage (I used hot Jimmy Dean) until meat is cooked through and veg is tender. Add frozen chopped spinach, uncooked quinoa, the appropriate amount of water for however much you are cooking, and Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash to taste. Bring to boil then turn down heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Turn off heat but leave lid on approx 5 minutes more. Serve with Tabasco for extra kick. It was very good!

January 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
How was everybody's weekend? Anything exciting going on? We've had the flu at our household so I have been busy taking care of two sick kids plus trying to take care of myself. I think we are finally over the worst of it. Both kids are better and I'm on the mend. So nothing exciting at my household other than alot of sleep.

January 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Melissa, sorry to hear the fam has been sick. We missed you!

I worked this weekend, it was okay. I'm still not able to sleep more than 4-6 hours during the day when I'm working nights. But then today I slept almost 8 hours. Gee, it only took my five nights to make the adjustment, and now I get two nights off and will be all screwed up again. LOL! I'm not complaining tho- being there for the night shift is a lot easier than working day shifts (usually) and I make an extra dollar an hour.

January 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jennifer. We all seem to be better except for this darn lingering cough that I have. I am going to try to get back into working out tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how I do.

I can imagine that it is hard to change your schedule up like you do. Once you get adjusted you have to change it up again. Will you take off some time after the baby is born or just the standard 6 weeks? I work for myself so I barely took off 6 weeks, but I was able to take Jacob to work with me for a little while.

We are planning on TTC soon. As soon as I get AF back and my ovulation starts again I think we are going to try for our last baby. I'm getting excited. I'm sure that will change once the morning sickness starts though.

January 15th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Melissa, we are really hoping that I will be able to quit working by this spring. I've enjoyed certain things about my experiences as an "employed mom" but I really want to be back home. And best wishes with TTC when the time comes. I used to get so impatient waiting for my fertility to return.

I've been doing good with using the treadmill about every other day, got 12.5 miles last week and 9 miles so far this week. My pace is so very, very slow... I have to take so many walk breaks that I'm averaging like 13:30 pace. Trying to remind myself that it doesn't matter, that I'm "training" for labor and recovery, not a race. It also cracks me up to wonder what Baby feels like when I'm running, if s/he is sloshing around in there, LOL!

January 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
LOL Jennifer i used to wonder the same thing when I would run. Wonder what baby is thinking or doing in there.

No workout for me this morning. This cough is no fun and I just couldn't get motivated to get out of bed to workout so I slept another hour. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll have more motivation!!

Anybody seen any good movies lately? I need some recommendations. DH and I are planning on having a little date night on Saturday after the kids go to bed and want to watch a movie. I know our date nights are usually spent at home but it's nice to try to spend some extra time together after the kids go to bed.

January 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM
good morning ladies. my abs hurt today lol. Guess those silly muscles are still in there somewhere
jhmomofmany and melissalaw like this.
January 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
love the burn, Marie... your body is changing.

Melissa, I'm no help with recommending movies. Either I'm getting pickier or movies are getting suckier, LOL! I really can't think of a single movie recently released that I liked enough to recommend.

Almost all our date nights are spent at home, too... but this Saturday we actually have somebody coming to stay the night with the kids! I'm so excited! We haven't had a night away from the family in about 12 years, so this date is long over-due.

January 16th, 2013, 02:16 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa Snow White and the Huntsman, Hunger Games, What to Expect When Your Expecting, and End of Watch. There are more I liked, but can't think of them.

Melissa I also know about the trials of trying to spend time with each other without kids. Have a nice date night!

My dh and I are going out to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary/ 21 years together tomorrow. Even though it is today. We are going to have dinner out and I am hoping to see a movie, too.
melissalaw likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Happy anniversary a day late! Hope you guys had a wonderful night out.

DH and I are in desperate need for a night out, but I don't think that's going to happen in the near future with our work schedules.

Jennifer, Im right there with you with the nightshift thing. I work every Sat/Sun/Mon night. I just get adjusted to being awake at night, then come Tuesday, I hate to sleep too long and waste the day, but then by evening I'm overtired like a baby and can't fall asleep. But working dayshift just wouldn't work for me, plus my differential for nights and working every weekend is a huge bonus.

Melissa, good luck with TTC!

I'm still battling a cough left over from the flu. I got sick the weekend before New Years and it's still lingering. It's driving me crazy and interferring with my runs. Tomorrow my marathon training partner and I are going to just run as far as we can, just to see where we are at. We are 100 days out from the marathon.
mom2pne likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search