Never thought...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpazTaz
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd see the day, where a fish dish would be my fav meal. But LOVED the dinner I made tonight ...AND it was healthy hehe.
melissalaw likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
You're gonna leave it at that? No recipe? Not even a description??

babyloves2dance likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LoL! Sorry! Nothing special per se, I don't like most fish, but found I really like both Talapia and Hake fishes. So, either one of those cooked in a pan for 4 minutes each side (just some pam, nothing else), then in a separate pan, I do 2 tsp olive oil, 3-4 cloves of minced fresh garlic, 1 tsp (or so) of lemon juice, and some capers. Cook that on low/medium for a few minutes and then pour it over the fish. SO yummy! I LOVE garlic and capers. Now, my son, not so thrilled with the capers, so I take his out, and then add the capers for me, so if you don't like them you can take them out. But, so yummy, very healthy, and so tasty, and pretty cheap and easy as both fishes are 2 of the cheaper fishes on the market!

Had that along with some grilled asparagus (that I found on sale for a killer price) and 1/4 cup of rice and was a very happy camper .

AND lost another pound last week, so guess I did something right.
January 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM
That does sound very good, I enjoy fish but don't really know how to fix it. TFS! And congrats on another pound lost!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 20th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
That does sound very good, I enjoy fish but don't really know how to fix it. TFS! And congrats on another pound lost!
I don't either, since I don't really eat it. BUT, if you want a salmon recipe my husband and son both love it and it's real easy. A friend gave it to me, so just hollar if you're interested. On the talapia and hake, I usually put it in a frying pan type pan with some pam and cook it 4 minutes on each side. Sometimes I will put the sauce I mentioned above on it, other times I will put a tsp or 2 of tartar sauce on top of it, plus a tad of parmesean cheese and throw it in the broiler for 1-2 minutes and it's really good that way too.

My suggestion, if you have a Facebook account, ask your FB friends. That's how i got the killer salmon recipe hehe.

Oh, and if you like tuna steaks, I marinate that in some terriyaki, take a cast iron skillet and it get HOT HOT HOT, then sear the tuna steak for 2 minutes each side, then eat. YUM!
January 20th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Usually I take fish fillets, squirt with lemon juice and bake until they are pretty much falling apart. If I decide to get more adventurous than that, asking on FB is a good hint.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search