Do you like working out?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 07:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am going to be perfectly honest. I HATE it! I do feel good when I work out and I like THAT but I don't actually enjoy working out. Every day when I know I need to do strength training I feel this sense of dread, but when I'm done I feel better. I'd like to get to the point where I enjoy exercising but I just don't know if that will ever actually happen. I just do it anyway, or I'm trying to.

January 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love it!! I think the key is trying to find something you enjoy. If you hate strength training then you might try doing circuit work to get in your strength training. I'm not a huge fan of just plain old strength but I love circuit training so most week I will do a circuit workout to get in my strength. I also love cardio so I will do a cardio workout and then afterwards try to focus on just one body part like biceps and do strength training for that body part. That way I don't have to do an entire workout of just strength training.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree with Melissa about trying something new. I was trying to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and just dreaded it every day (which eventually led to me not doing it...or anything for that matter). I bought a ballet based workout video back in December (pre-order) and was super excited to give it a try as I used to be a dancer. I have yet to give that one a try because I need to install my wall barre first. However, my mom got me 2 Leslie Sansone videos for Christmas and I just recently started doing those. I think they are really fun! I actually look forward to doing my workout (most days) now! I've still got a few days where I have to kick myself into the exercise room and get it done, but it's not near as bad as what it was.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 29th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
i love it!! I think the key is trying to find something you enjoy. If you hate strength training then you might try doing circuit work to get in your strength training. I'm not a huge fan of just plain old strength but I love circuit training so most week I will do a circuit workout to get in my strength. I also love cardio so I will do a cardio workout and then afterwards try to focus on just one body part like biceps and do strength training for that body part. That way I don't have to do an entire workout of just strength training.
You don't know me very well. LOL. By nature I am very very lazy. I don't think it would matter what I was doing, if it involved committing my time to doing something other than sitting on my butt, I will probably not like it. I don't mind playing games or something like that but I do not think I would get very fit that way. I just don't think I'd do enough of it to get the results I want.

January 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've often thought it's too bad surfing the internet doesn't count as exercise.

Me personally, I love working out. I always have, though, ever since I was young and taking dance classes almost daily.
SpazTaz and melissalaw like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

January 30th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I have to tell you guys something funny. I'm actually looking forward to working out today. It's not really because I enjoy it exactly. I just feel like I'm starting to make progress and want to see what I do and how I feel today. I may go back into dread mode though once I get closer to actually doing it. LOL.
melissalaw likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I hate it, and truthfully I feel like crap afterwards, so that doesn't help. Everyone talks about how great they feel, etc, yeah not me. And I live where it's hotter than hell so I don't care what you do or what time of year you do it in, you're going to sweat your booty off. Somehow working out when it's 90-120 outside kind of loses it's appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
You don't know me very well. LOL. By nature I am very very lazy. I don't think it would matter what I was doing, if it involved committing my time to doing something other than sitting on my butt, I will probably not like it. I don't mind playing games or something like that but I do not think I would get very fit that way. I just don't think I'd do enough of it to get the results I want.
I'm right there with you, although I don't classify myself as lazy, just a) not enough hours in the day and b) I prefer intellectual things over physical things, or being productive (and I don't consider working out productive when I have a kid to care for, work to do, house to care for, meals to make, etc). Shoot, I rarely even sit down to just watch TV and do nothing else. If I'm watching TV I'm also making a meal, cleaning up something, marketing my company, or SOMETHING else. I don't ever just sit and do one thing at a time. So finding the TIME to work out is difficult for me and usually something else wins out.

Last edited by SpazTaz; January 30th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
January 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Nope, I hate it, and truthfully I feel like crap afterwards, so that doesn't help. Everyone talks about how great they feel, etc, yeah not me. And I live where it's hotter than hell so I don't care what you do or what time of year you do it in, you're going to sweat your booty off. Somehow working out when it's 90-120 outside kind of loses it's appeal.

I'm right there with you, although I don't classify myself as lazy, just a) not enough hours in the day and b) I prefer intellectual things over physical things, or being productive (and I don't consider working out productive when I have a kid to care for, work to do, house to care for, meals to make, etc). Shoot, I rarely even sit down to just watch TV and do nothing else. If I'm watching TV I'm also making a meal, cleaning up something, marketing my company, or SOMETHING else. I don't ever just sit and do one thing at a time. So finding the TIME to work out is difficult for me and usually something else wins out.
You make me feel better because I feel the same way. Working out makes me exhausted and I feel like once I've worked out I don't have the energy to do anything else. Plus, I have 5 kids and a busy life like you, I am always trying to get one more thing done before I exercise.

January 30th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
k

Last edited by SpazTaz; April 13th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
January 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
It really depends on the work-out and the day. Some days I hate it, other days I love it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

January 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you are looking forward to your workout today. So how did it go?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 31st, 2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
glad you are looking forward to your workout today. So how did it go?
It went well. I didn't make progress in every area but I did on my legs and that made me happy. I can't wait to see where I'm at in another couple months.

January 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love working out, I just hate working out in a cold garage. After about 10 minutes I warm up and feel great but its the first cold that I dread.

I do the eliptical for at least an hour 4-5 times a week. I am going to add in weights here soon which I LOVE. I LOVE feeling the burn. I know when it hurts those are the ones that count most. I sound weird panting and groaning lol but my husband usually cheers me on (we work out together) and he always says "Thats what I want to hear, push it." Its great for motivation.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search