February Chat

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
What's going on, Ladies?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a ton here. My son and I went to see "Mama" (the movie) yesterday, grabbed some In-N-Out for dinner, went grocery shopping, then home. Then today he had baseball tryouts, so we did that for an hour and I took him for some frozen yogurt on the way home, got gas and washed the car. Just been relaxing the rest of the day. Enjoying our wonderful weather and some open windows and relaxing time this weekend!
February 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Oh, my gosh... open windows sounds so lovely right now! How did tryouts go?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Oh, my gosh... open windows sounds so lovely right now! How did tryouts go?
Yeah, it was nice, around 72 and sunny. A little hot standing in the direct sun for an hour at tryouts, but great for open windows inside the house .

They were fine. They're not tryouts in the true sense of the word, although that is what they call them. We pay for him to be able to play since it's through Little League, so he's not trying out in order to play, but they have them try out so they can draft the teams. The thought process being to mix them, so you don't end up with one team with mostly players that are experienced with a team of mostly players who aren't. They try to make the teams as fair as possible doing half and half of experienced with inexperienced. That's really all it's for. So, they bat at 3 balls pitched, then have 3 infield balls thrown to them and they catch them and throw to 1st, then 3 outfield balls thrown to them and throw to 2nd and then they're done. wasn't more than 5 minutes or so of him actually on field, but there was a small line so it was around 50 minutes or so that we were there.
February 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Oh, I see. It's good they do it that way.

Today we have some friends over, the guy is gonna help me thaw out some pipes under the house so we will have drainage in the kitchen sink again. That will be lovely! He's bringing his snowmobile so I'll be babysitting the little kids while they and the big kids are sledding. I'm feeding everybody homemade pizza. Well, that's the plan if I ever drag my lazy butt out of bed, anyway. I got only 3 hours sleep yesterday... bet ya'll will be so glad when I don't have that to complain about anymore.

Hope everybody has a safe and fun Sunday.

February 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meghan - Open window sound absolutely wonderful right now! I can't wait till May to be able to do that! Especially with the smell of the spring air!! Sounds like they have a great system for setting up baseball teams!

Jennifer - So sorry about your frozen pipes. At least it is the drain and not the main lines. Home made pizza sounds super yummy!! I need to find a new crust recipe. I don't really care for the one I am using now, or the one I was using before this one.

AFM - Our cows started having their babies, so it will get super busy here really soon! Kendra was sick 2 nights ago. Got sick in bed and no one realized it until we got home from town about 2 pm yesterday. She seems to be fine now, so either she ate something that didn't agree with her or she had a small 24 hour bug. Hoping if it is a bug that no one else in the family gets it. I HATE cleaning up after someone gets sick. I think sickies is the one thing I hate most about this time of year. She had cheer camp yesterday and then will perform what they learned at half time of the basketball game this Friday. Will be signing her up for soccer and t-ball here soon! Potty training is going no where with Josh. He was doing pretty good until the whole family got sick in December and he ended up with a really bad diaper rash. I can't wait for him to be out of diapers! LOL! I've worked out 8 out of the last 9 days and feeling GREAT about it!! Can't wait to get my workout in today! I think that pretty much sums up things here.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 4th, 2013, 10:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow 72 degrees. I would love to be having that kind of weather. It's been really freezing here with snow. I am so ready for spring and summer.

Kelsey, glad Kendra is feeling better. Hopefully noone else gets sick.

Not too much going on with me. We stayed home alot this weekend and just relaxed which was so nice. We rarely ever just sit down and relax. DH and I even watched a movie Sunday afternoon while the boys napped.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LoL, OMG by May we'll be around 105 and running our AC for sure. I'll enjoy the open windows for sure, 'cause by April we'll be locking up and our AC will be running 24/7 until October. Just remember, our trade off for 72 now is well over 100 by May and into 120 in late June-beginning of September. Our winters are awesome, Spring and Fall is okay, and summers royally roast.

They do have a decent system set up and this year it's under new "management" and so it was FAR better tryout wise than in past years (past years it was multiple hours of waiting in line and awful), and for $135 for 2 months, they really should have a decent system down. It's crazy what it costs to put kids in sports let me tell you!

Aw baby cows how fun! Hope you all start feeling better soon and kudos for the working out!
February 4th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Kelsey, glad to hear an update from you. Good luck with calving season. I'm sad we aren't expecting any baby animals this year. We didn't get hold of a male goat to get our girls settled in time. Crud, huh? Maybe next year.

We warmed up all the way to 10 (F) today and it didn't snow more than another three inches or so overnight. Finally got the pipe thawed out today. My poor kid had to spend nearly two hours under the house with a heat gun because the only way I could fit under there was to slide on my belly and Baby said "No Way". Then the bigger kids and I spent a couple hours moving around firewood. Heating with wood sure is more reliable and cheaper than heating any other way, but me hates moving wood. Glad it's over. I was going to get on the TM today, but thinking maybe I'll do something a little gentler. Like a nap.

February 5th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Melissa - That sounds like a great weekend!

Jennifer - Glad you got your pipes thawed!

AFM - Kendra is feeling better and so far no one else has come down with anything. I'm bummed. Going to have to ease up a little on the working out as there is a spot right above my kneecap that is hurting pretty good. Hurts like a bruise when you barely touch it, but there is no bruise there. Take it a little easier and add some ice every now and then and hopefully it will get better. Super excited for Thursday to get here! Going to get a 1 hour massage!

February 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
trying to catch up on some JM stuff. I don't think I'm going to work out today. I've worked out for 8 days straight now and I don't feel well so I think today is going to be a rest day.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Kelsey, take care of your knee. I hope it's nothing and the pain goes away quickly! A friend of mine is always updating her FB after her "awesome" massages- makes me so jealous! Enjoy!

Patty, sounds like time for a rest day.

AFM I am just watching the snow out there, hoping driving will be ok tonight. Yesterday was such a pretty day, wish it could have stayed like that...

February 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Drive safe tonight Jennifer.

Kelsey I'm sorry to hear that your knee is hurting. Hopefully you just tweaked it a bit and it will be better in a day or two. A massage sounds heavenly. It's been awhile since I've had one of those.

I do have a manicure and pedicure scheduled for Friday so I can't wait for that. I just love pedicure, especially after I've had a nice long run which I may just do Friday morning.

What's everybody having for dinner? We are trying a new casserole - Chicken Parm Casserole. If it turns out good, I'll post the recipe.

February 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Patty - Sounds like a good day for a rest day.

Jennifer - I hope it doesn't snow too much and the roads don't get bad. We are expecting snow (possible blizzard) this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it.

Melissa - Have fun at your mani/pedi! The casserole sounds yummy! Definitely share if it is!!

AFM - Not too much new here. Totally lacking motivation! But I need to get my tush down and do a light workout or I'm going to go way over my calories for today. Josh is totally grumpy. He is to that stage where he refuses to take a nap. I tried to rock him to sleep but gave up after he kicked me in the face and bit my side. (He's also going through a biting stage and hitting/kicking stage right now). Guess he will just go to bed early tonight.

February 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I just hate that stage with little kids, it's so hard for me not to take it personally.

Dinner tonight- we have some leftover chili that isn't enough for a meal on its own, so I'm boiling some potatoes to put under chili and cheese. That and some mixed veggies... kinda plain but will hopefully fill everybody up.

I am so sore from moving firewood yesterday! Even my hands feel crampy and stiff, LOL! So, I'm using that as an excuse to not do a workout today.

February 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd pay a whole lot of money for a PIZZA right now! Argh, mustering will power to make my 3oz of steak, broccoli, and rice instead. But PIZZA sounds so much better, and it doesn't help that my 11 year old is wanting it too LoL.
jhmomofmany likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
We had Old Fashioned Pork Chops (Crock pot recipe) - Pork chops coated in flour, ground mustard and pepper then browned on both sides. Put it in the crock pot with 1 can of condensed chicken and rice (I use chicken and wild rice soup) and a little water, onions, and parsley. When it is done, I add some extra rice into the soup as it's not quite enough for 4 servings.
melissalaw likes this.

February 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Kelsey those pork chops sound wonderful. I might have to try that. I posted the Chicken Parm recipe. it was delicious!!

No workout for me today. I had every intention in the world of getting out of bed and working out this morning but I was just too dang tired and couldn't get moving. Maybe I'll be able to do something after work but just not sure.

How did everybody else's workout go today?

February 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will work out later today, taking the kids skating so that in itself will be a workout. Haven't been in about a year.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Here is the recipe for those pork chops if anyone wants it: Old-Fashioned Pork Chops Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

I usually remove the pork chops and add about 2 cups of cooked rice to the soup in the crock pot and then serve.

Kendra - Have fun skating!!! It's been forever since I have been skating.

I haven't worked out yet today - probably sometime this afternoon....if we aren't moving cows. DH never tells me until last minute. My knees are feeling a bit better. Wore my knee brace on the one that was hurting like a bruise and that really seemed to help. Tried to take it easy on the leg part of the workout and add in as many arms and abs as I could yesterday. Will probably do the same today. Super tired today. Stayed up late to spend some time with DH last night. Then Josh woke up and stayed up from 1-3:30. Then up at 6 to get Kendra around for school. Probably won't get a nap in today either. Too much stuff to get done! LOL!

How is the weather for everyone? It is beautiful here today! Supposed to get close to 60 today!!! Supposed to be 50's the rest of the week and then cold and snow this weekend. So not looking forward to the snow. Will probably be a couple of really long nights as the cows seem to be more likely to have their babies when a front comes through or we are having bad weather.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search