Just Wanted to Share

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Kendra3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone! I am not sure if everyone here is counting calories or if they do food journals. I did find a GREAT free app for that. It is called MyFitnessPal. I LOVE this app. It has helped with my eating tremendously. It has also helped me see how many calories I eat a day. It even logs how much transfats, sodium, chloresterol, carbs, protein. So I started counting calories because of this app.

You can log your food into the app, all you do is search it, scan in stuff on the barcodes or you can add in a food if its not in there. Its easy to because it has restaurants in there as well. I tend to eat out at least once a week.

If you are to busy to log in but you have a meal plan set for the day you can log in your whole days worth at one time, even the next days.

The BEST part about this app for me, is you can also log in your exercises. If you run, shovel snow, swim, walk, ride a bike its in there and it will tell you how many calories you burned. I love this app and wanted to share just in case anyone was interested in this. I thought counting calories was hard to do but with this app I can do it and actually enjoy doing it.

Since starting in the last 30 days I have lost a total of 10lbs which for me is amazing because I gained 9lbs

So I thought I would share for anyone who enjoys this and may need a little boost.
melissalaw likes this.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's quite a few girls here that use that. There is also loseit.com that is similar. I personally found lose it easier to use and liked it better, but both work well. I loved it also and I lost almost 30 pounds by using it. I have since joined Weight Watchers online, but it worked great for that first almost 30.

Good luck in your continued goals!!
February 8th, 2013, 07:14 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
9 pounds is an excellent loss, congrats!

I'm on MFP... same username (jhmomofmany) if you want to friend me.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

February 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also on MFP! I actually have it set as my homepage on my computer so that every time I sit down to get on the internet I am reminded to log what I eat or my exercise. I also have it on my phone for when I am on the road (or if DH is on the computer).

I'm DanceGirl0309 over there.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice, I enjoy this. I had a bad 2 weeks with it but I am happy with the results thus far.

Today I am getting back into working out regularly. AF took control this week. But it works out because I can change up my routine.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love MFP! I am hoping to use it throughout this pregnancy to not gain as much as I did with Dd.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 11th, 2013, 05:59 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
That's great! My hairdresser told me about this app. It sounds really cool!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search