New here!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By babyloves2dance
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Hi there.

I'm Rosie. I have 2 little children, DD who will be 2 next month and DS who is almost 8 months old.

I had two back-to-back pregnancies (by choice), and desperately need to get back in shape. I was 194 just before I had DS, I'm now at 156, but I would like to lose 15 - 20 lbs and tone up, especially around the mid-section. Sit-ups are really hard for me as I had 2 c-sections, and I have NO core strength at all.

Please help me stay motivated. Looking forward to getting in shape with you all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 8th, 2013, 07:13 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi Rosie! I'm excited to get to know you, and I'm happy you joined us! Sounds like you've done a great job losing a lot, congrats to you for that!

Instead of sit-ups maybe try alternatives like plank work, pilates, or yoga. Sit ups aren't the most effective way to tone your midsection anyway, as they tend to target only a certain part of the front of your abs and ignore everything else. Planks really help with the muscles that cinch your waistline and also engage muscles all through your trunk and back, which will help posture. Standing tall always makes you look five pounds lighter.
Buggymom likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 8th, 2013, 08:01 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Rosie!

I'm Kelsey, mommy to Kendra (6) and Josh (2 1/2). It's great to have you join us! Sounds like you have done a great job losing so far! I agree with Jennifer on trying some other core work besides abs.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Rosie!! I'm Melissa mom to Jackson 3 and Jacob 9 months.

Jennifer is so right about the ab work. For me Planks seem to work the best for getting my abs back into shape after my pregnancy.

so glad you are joining us!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Rosie!

I am Kendra. I have 3 kids. Samyera (5) Shylah (4) & Logan (3).
I had mine back to back but DS was my lovely surprise baby.

I agree with the planks, they work great. I need to do them more often but its a great workout.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 9th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I'm Trisha...mom to Kayley (5). I had a c-section too so I understand!! For me at 8 months after having my little one I was still uncomfortable to do anything ab related...it took me a while. If your not ready...give it another year. When you are 100% ready, I suggest an excercise ball or ab ball to work your core...it's excellent. Planks are good too. Aerobic activity will help to shrink the size of your tummy just not tone, but hey we'll take anything, lol. I personally haven't been able to fix the "damage done" under my belly button from the c-section....but above the belly button I have results. Just start slow so you don't get discouraged. Sounds like you you are already down weight wise so thats great! Good luck.

February 9th, 2013, 07:02 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Hi and welcome! Glad you joined us! I'm Jaime, and I have 4 kiddos...3 were born by c/s. Jacob is 9, Clara is 8, Isaiah is 5 and Caleb is 2. I hear ya on trying to get core strength back after a c/s. Give it time. It took me quite awhile to build my core strength from where it was after my last delivery...I did planks and push-ups. I still have a way to go to have good core strength but it's a start.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

February 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Thanks ladies
BTW, what are planks??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 9th, 2013, 02:55 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is a site i pinned on Pinterest that has 22 different plank variations.

Plank Variations
jhmomofmany likes this.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 11th, 2013, 06:05 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hey Rosie! I've just joined over here not too long ago. I totally know what you mean about your csection. I have hated my belly since I had mine, and I only had one. It seems like all my fat just hangs over that scar tissue and my stomach is not as strong as it used to be. I have good news for you though, my tummy is finally shaping up. It just takes time. I don't do sit ups. I just do crunches, a few different kinds. If I need to I take breaks in between. I feel like my tummy has gotten a lot stronger and I don't do that much.
*Rosie* likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search