Do you park farther away, take the stairs, etc

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 07:03 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
You know all the little things they say to do, park farther away so you have to walk more, take the stairs instead of the elevator, stuff like that. Do you do these little things?

The parking thing I do not do. It is freezing cold here and there is no way I am walking/shivering anymore than I have to.

The stairs I do take quite often, partly for the fitness benefits, but mainly because I have an elevator phobia and try to avoid them if I can. LOL.

I can't think of any other little things I could be doing, but I'm probably not doing them either. LOL.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When the weather is decent we will park a ways away and walk the extra bit. We also take the stairs if we can (or when we remember).

I can't really think of any more of the "little things" right off the top of my head either.

ETA: When we run errands in town, I do try to walk to all the downtown businesses instead of drive to them. It gets me quite a few blocks of walking in. However, like the parking farther away situation, it has to be decent weather for me to do it.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; February 13th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
February 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do the parking thing in the cooler months, but when it's 110+ out nope, I park as close as I can so I don't pass out from heat exhaustion.

I don't typically go anywhere with stairs/elevators (except home, and I don't have an elevator LoL). Usually I take whatever is closest in the times that I do.
February 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will park far if it's not too cold or rainy out. Nothing wrong with a little extra walking. We do the stairs thing too. That's about it.

February 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually park further away unless the weather is absolutely horrible. If its raining we tend to park far away still. We love the rain.

We usually take the elevator too if its to many stairs. The kids get tired quick.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search