Which is harder for you, diet or exercise?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Which is harder for you, diet or exercise?
Diet 7 58.33%
Exercise 2 16.67%
Both are hard 2 16.67%
Both are easy 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Is it easier for you to keep on track with your diet or exercise?

For me diet is usually pretty easy. I don't emotional eat, and when I do have issues with emotions and food, I usually don't eat. I rarely eat when I am stressed/depressed. That is when I lose my appetite.

Exercise, on the other hand, has always been a struggle for me. I feel like I am doing pretty good this time around but I still ask myself how long this will last. This is like an exercise record for me.
SpazTaz likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Exercising is easy for me to do, I just have a harder time with my food choices.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Exercising is easy for me. Diet is more difficult. I do good most of the time but every once is awhile I have cravings for something really bad for me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I really enjoy exercise, to that is easy. I also really enjoy junk food, even though I try to convince myself that in reality it is nasty and harmful to my health... but it tastes so good! LOL So diet is definitely harder for me to keep in check.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 15th, 2013, 02:14 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that I have finally found an exercise program that I have fun doing and isn't hard on my knees, exercise is much easier! Diet on the other hand....I like to snack. I snack when I am tired, I snack when I am bored, I snack when I am upset or angry...etc. Since starting to use MFP I don't snack quite as much, but it is still hard.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 15th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no issue with diet thankfully, but exercise is just way too hard for me to find time to do.
February 16th, 2013, 04:53 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I put both are hard. Exercise is easy once I just get myself to start, and good food can be easy if I meal plan but that's hard since I am staying with my grandparents right now.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Exercising is pretty easy once I get started and it becomes a habit but diet is hard because I tend to eat when I'm bored.

February 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I really struggle with diet. Especially when life gets to be hectic. I end up eating quick meals, which usually are really unhealthy. Plus I'm a pretty picky eater (textures) so I don't eat as many fruits/veggies as I should.

Exercise is easy, I've always been someone who likes a physical challenge. Time management makes it a bit difficult, but I seem to be more motivated to make time to do even small exercises then I am to watch my diet.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

February 19th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find working out, like at a gym or home machines, very boring. Walking I love because I love being outside. That's no problem. When I get in better shape, running will be fun again for me, too. Mostly, my problem is motivating myself to get out and I'm tired so much of the time.

Dieting has always been difficult. I hate feeling hungry. I try to eat foods that are healthy and filling, but its hard. I'm surprised I've managed to lose the weight I have. I'm trying to get into better habits.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

February 21st, 2013, 04:38 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I guess I am surprised by how many said diet over exercise. I was talking to my sis (one of these days I'll lure her back over here) about this and she kind of explained it to me. I think because exercise is something you do and are done with and diet is an ongoing/all day long thing, that would make diet harder. I do have my days when I struggle with cravings and such, but for the most part I don't keep junk in the house so I don't have anything to snack on when I get those type of cravings anyway.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search