new here...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
miamor
hi everyone my name is maria, i'm 35 and after almost 2 years PP and overeating and too much chocolate, i finally hit bottom.
my son is still breastfeeding and i think that's what kept me from not gaining more than 5lbs these last two years.
a little back story; i've always been a little on the chunky side. being this short doesn't help me hide the extra weight. in mid 2009 when we started talking about conceiving, i was weighing around 165lbs and knew i didn't want to head into pregnancy that weight. i starting working out and watching my calories and by april of 2010 i was down to 116lbs. (before this, the thinnest i'd be in my adult life was around 125-130lbs)
PP i was still hovering around 116lbs (i'm a little over 5'2) and working out 2-2.5 hours a day. (i actually enjoyed it!) i did light exercise until about month 6 of my pregnancy when my son decided to go head down and not move again and exercising became uncomfortable.
this time around, i have found that i stress eat (aside from my husband, we have 0 family in town and i'm a SAHM...i know some moms are like super women, but i am not!) and with a toddler who has yet to sleep through the night, i'm a little low on energy
on saturday, the 16th when i decided to join online weight watchers, i weighed myself at 141.2. i would love to get back down to 115-120lbs this year and i'm hoping this is a great place for support!
i weighed in for WW this morning and i managed to lose 2.5lbs this week.
i look forward to getting to know you ladies!!

oh and i've managed to squeeze in a daily dose of 30mins of cardio for the past 7 days. i hope to keep that up too!
February 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Maria! Welcome to the board!

I'm Kelsey, SAHM to Kendra (6) and Josh (2 1/2).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi Maria, Welcome! I'm so glad you joined us. I think lots of us can probably relate to what you wrote... it is tough but you are off to a great start! I hope we can provide you with support and friendship here!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 25th, 2013, 06:23 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Hi Maria and welcome!! I'm Jaime, mom of 4 kiddo's! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

February 25th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Trisha, mommy to one little girl. I know what you mean about the chocolate....been there done that. Good luck to you on your journey!!

February 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
miamor
thanks for the warm welcome!
February 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hi Maria! Welcome to the board and sorry it took me so long to get over and say hi. WTG on your weight loss! I think if you stick with it the weight will be off before your know it and you're losing it at a healthy pace. Good luck with everything! I hope we'll see you around over here more.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 25th, 2013, 07:40 PM
miamor
hey, patty, thanks! i remember you from the march 2011 playroom.
February 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Marie!! Welcome to the board. This is a great group of ladies. Very motivating. I'm melissa mom to jackson 3 and jacob 10 months.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search