Does your period affect your workout?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:36 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I was disappointed with my workout yesterday but I think it was because AF started. It started with the number of pushups I could do. I have been doing 25 and the last workout I did 27. Yesterday, I could barely do 20. Then when I got to abs, it was even worse. I normally do 30-35 of each type of crunch that I do, and I usually do 4 types and then do some sit ups. I couldn't even finish all the crunches. I never got to the sit ups. I did okay with all the other exercises, but I just did the same as my last workout and wasn't really able to step anything up.

I think my period may have affected my workout but I haven't really been working out long enough to see if this is a pattern. For you gals that have been working out for a while, do you find that AF affects your workout?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I get really bad cramps or headaches then it does (those days I usually just don't have the motivation to even do the workout). I have found that doing my walks does help relieve my cramps though.....just have to actually get down there to do my workout. I've been really bad this time around as I've been sick on top of AF. Haven't worked out at all the last 3 days.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I have read that this is the case but I have no idea personally. I've only had like six periods in the last almost six years.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It doesn't affect my workout but definitely my mood. I'm way less motivated to workout.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm interesting theory. It would make sense as many women feel more tired during that time.

I don't know, I only have 2-3 periods a year, so can't really say (and for 6 years I had none at all).
March 3rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't really make a difference for me.....my periods are very short. I have PCOS....really I'm lucky to be having periods at all but I never miss one. It makes sense though. Hormones do crazy things. This last period I had I was so aggravated and just in an awful mood and then I got this gigantic zit, lol. I had cramps with this last one but normally I don't have much in the way of cramps...I could see cramps or headaches getting in the way though.

March 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I have really bad cramps then I don't want to workout at all. But I've only had one period in the past 2 years so it hasn't affected it lately.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I am jealous of you gals that don't have many periods. My periods are awful. I feel like I spend half my life on my period. I usually have a 10-12 day period and it's really heavy and just hard to deal with. My only good news is that exercise might be making it better. This month's was only 7 days and it wasn't as bad as it usually is. I really really hope that exercising makes it get lighter/shorter.

I definitely think it was AF affecting my workout because I was able to do a lot more during my next workout and I haven't had any problems since then.

March 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I am jealous of you gals that don't have many periods. My periods are awful. I feel like I spend half my life on my period. I usually have a 10-12 day period and it's really heavy and just hard to deal with. My only good news is that exercise might be making it better. This month's was only 7 days and it wasn't as bad as it usually is. I really really hope that exercising makes it get lighter/shorter.

I definitely think it was AF affecting my workout because I was able to do a lot more during my next workout and I haven't had any problems since then.
Not sure how comfy you are talking about this publicly, so not going to say much in that regard. BUT, mine used to be like that as well, if you want to hear what worked for me, please PM me (okay that sounds like a sales pitch and it isn't LoL). If not, that's totally fine too.
March 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Not sure how comfy you are talking about this publicly, so not going to say much in that regard. BUT, mine used to be like that as well, if you want to hear what worked for me, please PM me (okay that sounds like a sales pitch and it isn't LoL). If not, that's totally fine too.
I totally want to hear from you! I'll send you a pm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search