March Chat!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
new month, new chat.

I'll start with sharing a couple funny things my girls have said today. First, the older kids are doing a chapter on applied science and technology, the discussion was on simple machines. Somebody mentioned a pulley is a machine. Mary (5) said, "No they are not, they are bugs. You know. Roly-poly!"

And then this afternoon when we were at the health food store there was a woman there who had piercings in her eyebrows and was wearing a lot of glittery makeup. She also had dreadlocks and a very colorful knit cap and sweater. Lucy (2) pointed her out and said, "A alien lady!"

Isn't it nice to start a new month with a weekend? I hope you all have a good one!
melissalaw likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Cute!

We had a busy day today- My oldest had dance this morning, and then my oldest two had skating lessons this afternoon. Now I'm getting ready to head to the gym and then I might stop by my best friend's fir a quick visit
March 3rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh sent me the pregnancy workout dvd set he bought me for Christmas, now I feel I can actually workout at home without feeling weird lol. I am so excited to get started tomorrow.
jhmomofmany likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Chantelle, I hope you had a fun evening! Do your kids do figure skating?

Meagan, love the new siggy. You will have to tell me what dvd's you're using and how you like them. I'm getting to where regular workouts like JM's have too many moves I shouldn't do. Usually I just come up with modifications or substitutions but I'm not that creative these days, LOL

Well, it got super cold last night (-8F) but is supposed to warm up to just below freezing and not be windy. It is brilliant sunny, too! So I think I'm gonna borrow some sunglasses from my kid and hit the road today for a nice long run/walk.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
l
jhmomofmany likes this.

Last edited by SpazTaz; April 13th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
March 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Meghan, what is C.O.P.? Good luck with touring the schools, I hope you find exactly what you're looking for.

I got about 5.5 miles in at a 12:00 overall pace, which is quite speedy for how I've been doing lately. My oldest dd went with me for the first couple miles even. She couldn't keep up with her ol' ma, though.

What does everybody else have going this week? Anything special?

March 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
l

Last edited by SpazTaz; April 13th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
March 4th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
Dh sent me the pregnancy workout dvd set he bought me for Christmas, now I feel I can actually workout at home without feeling weird lol. I am so excited to get started tomorrow.
I didn't know you were pregnant again! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Chantelle, I hope you had a fun evening! Do your kids do figure skating?
Just regular skating lessons this year- my 4yo will play hockey next year, and my 5yo is interested in figure skating but she's having a hard time deciding between that and keeping up with her dancing (practices are the same days)- I suspect that she'll keep dancing though.

Good luck finding a new school!

It's snowing here again today, so we're all stuck in the house. The kids were supposed to skate this afternoon, but I don't want to take them out on the roads. I hope it's cleared off by tonight though, so I don't have to cancel my gym date!
March 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
I didn't know you were pregnant again! Congratulations!!

Just regular skating lessons this year- my 4yo will play hockey next year, and my 5yo is interested in figure skating but she's having a hard time deciding between that and keeping up with her dancing (practices are the same days)- I suspect that she'll keep dancing though.

Good luck finding a new school!

It's snowing here again today, so we're all stuck in the house. The kids were supposed to skate this afternoon, but I don't want to take them out on the roads. I hope it's cleared off by tonight though, so I don't have to cancel my gym date!
Haha, it's hard for me to imagine it snowing anywhere. It's a high of 76 here today, VERY sunny, and beautiful. Shoot, I had to close my moon roof in my car and turn on the AC because the sun was beating on my head and frying it LoL.

Good luck with the snow!

And thanks on the school, really liked the one I toured, think we'll be starting our son there for his 6-8 grade years.
March 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Wow, Meghan, you just described a typical summer day up here, LOL! DH has driven through Arizona a couple times in the last few weeks and he said it is so pretty right now. He's been picking up or dropping off in the areas of Yuma and/or Flagstaff. I've never been out that way, we're thinking someday when the kids are grown if he is still driving, I'll just hitch a ride with him and get to see more of the country.

Chantelle, we had the chance to see the end of a practice for a team of young hockey players once.. I just couldn't get over how darn cute they were! I've only ever been on ice skates a couple times- definitely not my thing! So seeing those little guys zip around so well was really impressive!

Did yoga today... going to have to add Half Moon Pose to my list of things I can't do for the next four or so months, LOL!

March 5th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Jennifer- It's called Pregnancy Fitness and it's a 4dvd pack that has a dvd for each trimester plus post partum, I think he got it at Target. I did the first workout last night and loved it. It wasn't too intense but it did get my heart rate going and I did feel like I had worked, if that makes sense.

AFM- I had my first appointment yesterday. Everything looks great and the baby has a strong heartbeat of 173. I even told my doc about planning a homebirth and he was surprisingly non-judgemental.

March 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meagan congratulations on your pregnancy. here is a new pregnancy workout that looks good: Tracy Anderson Method - The Pregnancy Project I plan on doing this when we get pregnant again.

not much going on here. We've had another stomach virus going around at our house. Now DH has it and I think he's a bigger baby than both my kids. Just hoping that I don't get it. It's hard as a mommy to get sick. Trying to take care of everybody else when your sick is no fun.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Meagan, yay for a good appointment! I'm happy to hear that little heart is beating away... 173 is up there, do you think that means girl? The workout I just recently tried was from Moms Into Fitness, some setup with a video for each tri. I tried the one for 3rd trimester, had to pick one through Netflix. I actually wrote up a little review for it on my blog. I haven't had a chance to try it again yet, though.

Melissa, sorry to hear about the stomach bug. Those are the worst! I hope it gets done quickly and leaves you alone!

We are having a pretty good day here, but I am so ticked off at our mortgage company. We applied for a modification back in January and they are still being total butt heads. Am I allowed to say that on JM? We've applied before and I went through months of calling twice a week, faxing every imaginable document except letters from our mothers... only to be denied for a reason that was total BS. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again. All so the gov't can put on a show of helping working class families avoid foreclosure. Oh, it just makes me so mad!

There, I said it and I actually feel better now, LOL!

March 6th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Jenn- For once I am hoping the old wives tale is wrong. My ob says that babies hb's at this stage can be 170 one day and 150 the next and that's completely normal so I am still thinking boy over here. Moms Into Fitness is the same lady who does this dvd, I really like it so far and I think I am going to go order her prenatal yoga dvd too.

Melissa- I hope everyone starts feeling better and that you don't get the bug too! I'll look into that workout!

AFM- The fatigue that I thought was gone is definitely back I really hope I get over it soon because I almost fell asleep during story time after lunch yesterday

March 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I hope everyone is feeling better soon, Melissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Haha, it's hard for me to imagine it snowing anywhere. It's a high of 76 here today, VERY sunny, and beautiful. Shoot, I had to close my moon roof in my car and turn on the AC because the sun was beating on my head and frying it LoL.

Good luck with the snow!
Jealous! I was so excited for the snow at first, but now, I'm over it and ready for it to melt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Chantelle, we had the chance to see the end of a practice for a team of young hockey players once.. I just couldn't get over how darn cute they were! I've only ever been on ice skates a couple times- definitely not my thing! So seeing those little guys zip around so well was really impressive!
We're a "rink rat" family here. We're there at least 3 days, usually 4, every week. My kids are going to be so disappointed when they take the ice out at the end of the month!

The snow has me working from home again today *sigh* I love being at home but it's hard to get as much done this way!
March 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Jennifer I hope that you are able to get your modification done. Dealing with mortgage companies is no fun at all.

I'm still feeling fine so I hope that I am going to avoid the stomach bug. DH seems to be a bit better today and the boys are fully recovered.

Megan, I have 2 boys and they always had high heartbeat. My first son had a heartbeat of around 170 every time so we were convinced he was a girl until our gender scan when we found out he was a boy.

Jennifer and Megan do you guys have names pick out yet for your babies?

March 6th, 2013, 07:38 PM
We had a busy day and now it's bedtime but I had to catch up on everybody. Melissa, glad to hear you're not sick! Meagan, take it easy... I hope the 1st tri yuckiness eases up on you soon.

More snow here today. Oh, well... it's only March. I'm planning to run outdoors tomorrow but I may chicken out and stick with the treadmill if it is cloudy again.

Baby names- last we talked about it we are fairly certain we will name Baby either John Anthony or Lily Anne. That could change, though... One of ours we had a name picked and changed our minds literally while I was in labor!

March 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Jennifer I love the name Lily. Such a pretty name.

I started doing a new workout called Dream Body and it is awesome. Anybody looking for something really challenging and different should definitely check it out. It is sort of pilates meets tabata training. Really hard but I feel so good afterwards. Really works your core for those looking for good core training.

I'm trying a new soup this weekend, Lamb Stew. If it's good, I'll post the recipe. Anybody else tried any new recipes lately that you want to share?
jhmomofmany likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I'm trying something new for dinner tonight, it's not really a recipe tho. I had chicken and rice to use and didn't want to make a creamy sauce with it, so I was reading through recipes. Got a few ideas and then just threw together what I had. If it turns out good, I will share what I did, but caveat emptor!

March 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Melissa- Thanks for telling me about your boys heartbeats, that gives me hope! As for names we have a boy named picked out but don't plan on sharing it until he's born. We have absolutely nothing for a girl though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search