is there anything you indulge in foodwise?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 1 Post By babyloves2dance

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
miamor
is there anything you indulge in on a weekly basis so you can stay sane on your eating plan?

have you found anything you can enjoy more often that doesn't take you off track?
March 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Trying for a string of "perfect" days and one "treat" day didn't work for me. So I have a treat just about every day, but I make sure I stay within my calorie goal. I'm working on healthier indulgences, like homemade cookies instead of store bought, sherbet instead of ice cream, or crackers and cheese or veggies and dip instead of something sugary.
SpazTaz likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I didn't cut anything out completely, I found that if I did that I wanted it more. I just eat it less often, or find a better alternative (cracker chips instead of chips and a few instead of a whole bag for example).
SpazTaz likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 01:55 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chocolate....seems like I have to have something chocolate everyday. I just try to keep it to small amounts.
jhmomofmany likes this.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 4th, 2013, 03:22 PM
miamor
babyloves2dance, i'm with you. chocolate is a serious problem for me!! i just discovered that small chocolove dark chocolate with cherries and almond bars are only 5points on WW, so i can actually eat those a couple times a week without feeling guilty. and it's dark chocolate which is totally good for you..that justifies things for me even more i try to buy kashi bars with chocolate in them as a healthy alternative to eating chocolate bars.
March 4th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
I didn't cut anything out completely, I found that if I did that I wanted it more. I just eat it less often, or find a better alternative (cracker chips instead of chips and a few instead of a whole bag for example).
This is me as well. I fail big time at trying to cut things out completely. I have a bad sweet tooth. I also love salty crunchy too. I still eat them from time to time, just less. I'm not really following a strict diet though. I'm just kind of doing my own thing with eating healthier and smaller portions and I've noticed a big difference. I've already lost a quarter of what I need to lose just since getting serious about it a month and a half ago.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I indulge in whatever I want. I just don't do it that often. I don't really have a sweet tooth and don't have cravings that often but sometimes when AF is around I get chocolate cravings. If I do, I will just have some chocolate but usually I will have a half a chocolate bar and then save half for the next day or something like that.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search