New here!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I'm Kelsey and am new to this board. I've been part of JM since Oct '11 but have decided to try and venture over here!

I have two boys, Sawyer who turned 2 in Decemeber and Marshall who is 2 months old today! When I got pregnant with DS1 I gained 50lbs and had managed to lose 30lbs of that 2wks after he was born. But then at my 6wk check up I got the Mirena and within 2months I had gained back the 30lbs I lost. I was STILL carrying that around, plus an extra 12 I had gained after our M/C last March, when I got pregnant with DS2. I gained 27lbs with DS2 and am 5lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight!

My first goal is to get down to the weight I was when I delivered DS1. I have joined a local gym that also has over 40 classes per week. I am thinking of doing the Zumba class if I can get over my shyness lol and yoga. I have been going 3 mornings week but just started last week. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the most out of going to the gym so that I acutally lose weight, but without having to be gone for 3hours every morning.

Anyways, enough about me! Hopefully being part of this board can help me reach my goals! Can't wait to get to know you ladies!
March 9th, 2013, 06:19 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! The ladies here are really supportive and I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi, Kelsey, I'm glad you ventured over here! Congratulations on your beautiful boys! I don't know if you remember me, I was also a member of the Jan 13 DDC for a while. Sounds like you are off to a really great start, that's wonderful! I've never used a gym, so I'm sorry I don't have any ideas for you there. You might be able to ask if they offer classes that combine cardio and strength training, that's the most effective method of burning fat and toning up, and since you are doing both at the same time the higher intensity means more results in less time. Good luck, and I hope you will jump in and make yourself at home here!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kelsey! Welcome to the board!

My name is also Kelsey (not very often I see it spelled the same way! LOL!) I'm also a mommy to 2. Kendra is 6 years old and Josh is 2 1/2. I've never been to a gym so also can't give you any suggestions. Cardio is a great way to burn fat so definitely agree with Jennifer on checking to see if they offer any classes that are cardio and strength together.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 9th, 2013, 08:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I'm Chantelle, mommy to four, 5 and under
March 10th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Trisha, mom to a 6 year old. Welcome!!

March 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hi Kelsey. Welcome to the board! I gained a lot of weight with almost all of my pregnancies, 50, 50, 75, 40, and Shawn is the first one I did okay with. I only gained 35 lbs with him, which is still a lot, but better. You'll get it off!

I hope you'll stick around. This board has really helped me to stick with my goals. It's just nice to have people to talk to or I come here when I need support.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search