Are you competitive?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
(in general) not just with fitness.

I am pretty competitive with most things. There are some things that I just don't really care enough about to compete on and sometimes if I have a friend that is good at something I don't try to go and do said thing better just to compete with her. But, I do try to give it my all and if there is a contest I want to win! LOL. I'd say all in all I'm pretty competitive.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Well, I guess I'm not so much as I used to be. I was very competitive with many things when I was younger and took it hard that I wasn't always the best! I've mellowed out, I guess, or maybe I just don't have as many opportunities to be competitive.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I am with most things, yes, as long as I'm not competing with friends.
March 15th, 2013, 09:33 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I am, I'll admit it, especially with running...I dont' want to win, I just want to be faster than most people I know. I'm not as bad as I used to be when I was younger. One place I'm not competitive? My son's pre_k class has "parent points" for doing extra stuff for the class. Now know that sounds bad, but I feel it's just a set up for making moms feel guilty if they cant go on every field trip, do every party and project, etc. I work full time and have 4 kids...I ambelow average, despite the fact I have helped out a few times, and do quite a bit of "extra" for his class...but I'm not competitive with. this stuff. I don't care what the other parents do. I have no need to prove I have to be the most "there" mom at school...I'm there all the time, home & school, despite the "parent points".

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

March 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I am a little competitive. I like the little extra push. But I am by no means out to prove that I am better than someone else. I dealt with lots of competitive kids when I taught dance classes...the ones that would rub in how good they were at something and made some of the other kids feel bad. I was always reminding them that they might be good at X but that person that wasn't was always going to be better then them at something else. We are all good at our own things and no one can be great at everything. Those talks really mellowed me out about the whole competitive thing.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search