Are you trying to get bikini ready?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By miamor
  • 1 Post By SpazTaz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am! I'm probably never going to be total hot stuff in a bikini because I just wasn't built with that kind of body. But, I do want to wear a bikini this year and not feel self conscious in it. We live by a lake and have a lake lot so during the summer months we are at the lake nearly every day. This year I want to feel good in my swim suit and not wonder how many people are staring at the flab on the back of my legs. LOL.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 19th, 2013, 03:40 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Am I getting bikini ready?

Maybe next year!
SpazTaz likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 19th, 2013, 04:24 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kind of....We don't go swimming much, but I do want to be bikini ready just in case.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
miamor
i've never worn a bikini in my life and probably never will. i've never felt i had a bikini body and i wouldn't feel confident enough to do it.
SpazTaz likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, even if I had the body for one, it just isn't my thing first off, secondly, I could have the best body EVER and that will never get rid of the awful stretchmarks that I will have forever. Doesn't matter, as I said, not my thing anyway, and I'm a firm believer that unless you have the total body to do it...don't. Worst thing ever is going to the pool and seeing the multiple folks that really shouldn't dress in them who do. No harm in covering up a little, and I think today's society has kind of forgotten that.
jhmomofmany likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope...don't want to feel paranoid that something is hanging out wrong while playing with my daughter at the pool. I prefer the "tankini". I prefer to not stand out in the crowd when in my bathing suit. I always end up accidentally looking when someone has on a bikini. Yep, I'd rather blend in.

March 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Nope, even if I had the body for one, it just isn't my thing first off, secondly, I could have the best body EVER and that will never get rid of the awful stretchmarks that I will have forever. Doesn't matter, as I said, not my thing anyway, and I'm a firm believer that unless you have the total body to do it...don't. Worst thing ever is going to the pool and seeing the multiple folks that really shouldn't dress in them who do. No harm in covering up a little, and I think today's society has kind of forgotten that.
Awww I have stretch marks, Had them since I was 18 and then I got some more with my pregnancies. I just don't worry about that. Maybe I should be I don't feel like I have to have a perfect body to wear a bikini. I think that makes women look real. I like that.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Bikinis never were my thing, I haven't worn one since I was in my young teens. Even if I was in perfect shape, my stretch marks would hold me back. I think it's awesome that women with stretch marks are comfortable enough to rock a bikini, but I'm just too self-conscious about it I'm more the tankini type anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search