UGGH! AF is here again

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SpazTaz
  • 1 Post By SpazTaz
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I'm so tired of my period. I really should make a dr's appt. I keep procrastinating. I have been feeling like I had PMS for the last few days. I even told dh that I felt like I had PMS. I have been crying all the time over nothing and my face had a major breakout. I look awful. I told him I thought this was PMS but that I didn't think it could be because AF wasn't due until next week. Well, what do you know. I was right. AF showed this morning - 23 day cycle. If you look at my calendar, you could see how much of my month is spent on AF and how much is not. I feel like I barely get any time off because my periods are long and then keep coming so close together.

So I'm really annoyed that she's here. Also, I thought I gained a pound and now I think it may just be from PMS. I'm wondering if my weight will be right back down next week.

I remember last month that I had a really bad workout because of my AF so I'm nervous that tomorrow's strength training is going to suck because of this. Anyway, I guess I'm just venting.

March 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Patty! So sorry AF is being so bad.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
NOT like.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

March 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I'm also over af. I'm not planning any more kids, and quite honestly, I just don't want to deal with it. And I swear PMS and the mood swings, etc have gotten worse as I've gotten older. I hate it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

March 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Highly recommend speaking to the doc about low dose continuous birth control pills so you only have a cycle every 3 months, OR a possible uterine ablation if you're done with kids. Once I can't take BC pills anymore, I'll be scheduling my ablation for sure! But, for now a period every 3-6 months with BC pills works just fine for me. I can deal with 4-5 days every 3-6 months.
pattyandthemoos likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Highly recommend speaking to the doc about low dose continuous birth control pills so you only have a cycle every 3 months, OR a possible uterine ablation if you're done with kids. Once I can't take BC pills anymore, I'll be scheduling my ablation for sure! But, for now a period every 3-6 months with BC pills works just fine for me. I can deal with 4-5 days every 3-6 months.
I meant to message you back. I don't think I can take a hormonal bc. I am just scared to. I have tried several different ones (low dose). Docs always tell me they are low dose and that they shouldn't bother me but they always do. The last time I went on bc, it was because I was ttc Shawn and my cycles were wacky so they had me go on it for a month to get them back on track. By the third week I called my doc crying and said I couldn't take them anymore. I nearly had dh drive me to ER in the middle of the night because the migraines were so bad and lasted several days. I just would rather deal with my sucky AF than deal with migraines. They're both awful but migraines shut me down. I

What I would like to have done is the ablation but I looked at the prices on this and it's not cheap. My insurance sucks. I have a 10k deductible so they won't even cover anything until I've gone over 10k. If I want to have this procedure I will have to pay everything out of pocket and I just can't do that right now. I may start saving money for this (because I can write it off as a medical deduction on my taxes) but it's not something I can do right now.

I need to find a new GYN to go to. Once I do I'll make an appt and see if there is anything I can try. I think in the meantime I am going to do some reading/experimenting with herbal remedies. I would think this was all due to my old age, but my sister and I are twins and she's not having these problems.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The Nova Sure ablations are done in the doc's office. They're not that expensive. It only takes 90 seconds, no anesthesia, and no facility, other than the doc's office.

Instead of doing research online (which isn't going to give your doc's actual prices) I'd recommend you making an appointment with your doctor and discussing it. Many offices offer payment plans as well if that's an issue, but it may be more affordable than you think. Doesn't hurt anything to make the appointment and go in and discuss your options.

And it has nothing to do with age. My issues started when I was 28. I've known girls as young as 17 and 18 years old with similar issues. It's each individual person. I can become increasingly worse with age, but isn't due to age in itself.
pattyandthemoos likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
The Nova Sure ablations are done in the doc's office. They're not that expensive. It only takes 90 seconds, no anesthesia, and no facility, other than the doc's office.

Instead of doing research online (which isn't going to give your doc's actual prices) I'd recommend you making an appointment with your doctor and discussing it. Many offices offer payment plans as well if that's an issue, but it may be more affordable than you think. Doesn't hurt anything to make the appointment and go in and discuss your options.

And it has nothing to do with age. My issues started when I was 28. I've known girls as young as 17 and 18 years old with similar issues. It's each individual person. I can become increasingly worse with age, but isn't due to age in itself.
I think I will do that. I need to find a new GYN first because my practice just recently closed. The reason I thought it might be age related is because my mom went through the same thing when she got older and had an ablation.
SpazTaz likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Probably more genetics than age, but *typically* most women's cycles change around 30 years old, not necessarily worse, or better, just change. For YOU it may have to do with age, but the issue in general does not, it can affect any age unfortunately. I've had an issue since I got my period at 12 years old, it just didn't get worse until i was in my mid to late 20's.
March 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got AF back for the first time since my last pregnancy and I feel like it is never going to end. I had AF for 6 days and then went 2 weeks with nothing and now it's back. I'm hoping that sometime soon my cycle will return to normal so we can start trying for another baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I have to post some good news on the AF front. I've been hoping that exercising would help to make my period shorter, and I can't say for sure that it's helping yet. But this month's period was only 6 days long and that is awesome for me! I normally have 10-12 day periods. Last month's was only 7 days so I think it may be helping. Now if they just would go back to being 28 days. I'm still happy because it's an improvement.

March 28th, 2013, 04:13 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Patty, I'm glad there's been some improvement! I hope the trend continues for you.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search