Weight gain/loss after pregnancy?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Did you gain a lot with your pregnancy/ies or stay within healthy range? After your pregnancy/ies how hard was it to take the weight off?

With my kids I always gained a ton of weight. When I got pregnant with Jeremy I was really small and my doctor literally said I could eat as much as I want. Not kidding. So I did and I gained 50 lbs. LOL. I took it back off within a year or so and got pregnant with Angie and again gained 50 lbs. Took the weight off and some and was at my thinnest weight ever. I weighed 105 and I thought even if I gain 50 lbs I'll still not weigh too much at the end. I gained 75+lbs with him and I never completely took all the weight off before I got pregnant with Lyndsey. I did a little better with Lyndsey. I think I gained 40 lbs, but then I only lost about 20 of them. And put some more on while I was ttc Shawn. Then I had Shawn and was really strict with my diet. I gained 35 lbs which was awesome for me, and I was back to my prepregnancy jeans by 6 weeks. I NEVER did that before. Now I am probably actually 30 lbs thinner than before I had Shawn. I think exercising makes a big difference. (P.S. Sorry so long. I have a lot of kids. LOL)

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
With Alyssa, I was pretty well the exact same weight after 2 weeks pp as I was before I got pregnant, 8 months later I got pregnant with Rylan ended up gaining 20 lbs. I lost it all plus another 35 lbs and was at an all time low for me (127 lbs). 2.5 years later I got pregnant with Sophia and gained 60ish lbs I lost 20 lbs and then got pregnant 4 months later with Hannah, I was 25 lbs heavier after having her for an end weight of 189. I now weight 162.5lbs (1.5 lbs lighter than after having Sophia).
March 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
First baby came 15 weeks early. I was only 18, underweight to start with and was back to normal within a couple weeks.

2nd baby, I was about 20 pounds underweight at the beginning. Gained a ridiculous amount (I seriously think it was more than 50 pounds). Lost most but not all of it.

3rd baby through 7th pregnancy (6th baby)- didn't lose all that I gained with each pregnancy, held on to 10-20 pounds until eventually I was about 50 to 60 pounds overweight. Started working out after Mary was born in 2007.

8th pregnancy (7th baby)- started still overweight but I continued exercising throughout pregnancy. Gained in the neighborhood of 20 or 25 pounds; lost it all and then some by the time she was 2 months old. When she was a year old, I was at goal weight. Too bad I didn't stay there!

This pregnancy I started out about 15 pounds over my goal weight. Just entering 3rd tri and I've gained something like 17 pounds now.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I just found this entry from my weightloss journal here on JM. Lucy would have been six days old:

Pre-Lucy weight was 205. My heaviest pregnancy weight was 224. I was 222 three days before the birth. At six days PP I weigh 210. Haven't tried on any real pants yet, but I did go ahead and pack away all the maternity clothes.

Now I REALLY hope this pregnancy treats me as well!!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
miamor
i was 116lbs when i got pregnant and 158lbs the day before i gave birth (i had actually been to one of my weekly appts the day my water broke all over the kitchen floor 18 days early).
i dropped about 23lbs of it within 2 weeks of giving birth and gained a few lbs the last couple of years where i seemed to be stuck... until i recently decided i had to do something to get the rest of the weight off..since i'm sleeping a little bit more consistently now, i dont feel like i need to binge on chocolate all day!
March 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only gained 35 pounds and my son was 9 of that, so I, surprisingly, gained within normal ranges and FAR less than everyone else I knew back then. Never really took it off, that was sort of the beginning of the end of being heavier than I'd like to be and it got VERY difficult to ever get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, regardless of how much I've tried.
March 26th, 2013, 02:16 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I gained 46 lbs which was a bit too much but with the breastfeeding I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight when he was 8 weeks.

With my second I gained 40 lbs but lost it quickly also. Breastfeeding for me is the miracle weight loss. I have a hard time not losing too much weight when I am breastfeeding.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search