How often do you change up your routine?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Anyone doing something different/new right now?

I am just getting started but I first wanted to get through 12 weeks of Body for Life. I'm almost there. Once I get finished I'm going to change my strength training from doing one full body workout 3 times a week to doing upper body and abs one day, and lower body the next. Plus I want to do 3 days of cardio. I'm not sure if I am going to change what I'm doing for cardio or not. It's kind of lame. I go up and down my stairs for most of it but I get really sweaty and I feel like it's a good workout so I don't really want to change it. Plus, I like doing it so I figure as long as I like it I will stick with it.

I've started writing down exercise ideas because I want to do different exercises this time. But, dh is supposed to be getting this really awesome weight system from a friend and if we get that we should be able to a lot more exercises. I hope it works out because I'm already super excited about it.

Anyway, my goal is to change my routine every 12 weeks. I'll probably make new picture threads each time just because they help me to stay on track.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will usually do 4 week rotations. so I might do 4 weeks of heavy weights then 4 weeks of lighter weights focusing on more barre work.

although alot of times I just do what sounds fun to me that day..lol.
pattyandthemoos likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't change my routine often enough. I do cardio (running, crosstrainer, or biking usually) and mostly the same weight sets, and up the weight when I feel ready. I have started Jillian Michael's fat burning yoga video, and I love it so far!
April 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I am also don't do that. I do also cardio and usually i like to run in morning. But sometime I do changes like i do some yoga or went for cycling.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm doing 30DS (attempting for the 3rd time, hope I can actually complete it this time!), but otherwise it depends on my son's naps, the weather, and how he slept the night before. I try to get walking in a few times a week, even if its circling the mall if the weather sucks. I'm going to try another video once I'm done with this Jillian one, so I guess I switch it up every month?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I probably don't switch mine up enough. I've been doing Leslie Sansone DVD's since mid January. I just decided to switch up my routine to include more toning and allow me to use some of my other workout dvd's too. This month I am doing walking (Leslie's videos) Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Toning (using the 10 minute solutions Target Toning video) Tuesday and Thursday, Doing any other video (stability ball, kickboxing, ballet, etc) on Saturday and using Sunday as my rest day (or make up day if I missed a day). We will see how things are going by the end of April and I will decide then if I will switch for May.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search