If you have a splurge/overeat

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you try to eat less or change your diet to make up for the splurge or do you do anything differently if you have a splurge? Do you plan splurges into your diet?

I do not really have sweets or junk food in the house and I try not to eat it very often. I don't usually work splurges into my diet or have splurge days. I do buy snacks though and sometimes but they are low calorie snacks so I don't consider them splurges. They're just part of my regular diet. If I do have a bad day or a few bad days, then I will try to tighten up my diet over the next week but I don't really cut calories. I just try to make sure I'm eating right. I will sometimes do extra cardio if I feel really guilty, but I usually just don't worry about it too much and hope that it all works itself out over the long run.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will occasionally splurge. I do try to adjust what I eat the rest of the day to make up for it. I don't plan them into my diet, it just happens.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to give myself atleast once cheat meal a week. It is usually on the weekend when DH and I go out to eat. I find that if I do that it is so much easier to eat well and healthy through out the week, plus I will usually get in my sweet fix for the week during my splurge.
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Well, I give myself some type of treat every day- sometimes a nutritious choice that I really enjoy and other times a "splurge". I'm not counting calories right now, but when I am, if I splurge I make sure to do it in a way that works within my calorie needs, either by limiting calories at other meals or adding extra cardio to "earn" extra calories.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I splurge once in a while, but I don't plan it. If we're in the city, and I want to eat out, I will, but that happens once or twice/month. If I want a few chips or a cookie, I have it. I just don't make a habit out of it.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I eat the way I want to eat for the rest of my life, so I buy a bag of chips once a week...but instead of eating the whole thing in one sitting, I portion it out. I randomly bake yummy stuff and try to portion that as well (I made chocolate peanut butter bars a few days ago!). I don't totally avoid these since it would make it that much worse for me not to work them in.

I rarely have a full out binge...but when I do, I do extra cardio and try to make up for it the few days after.
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before when I was eating healthy and excersing I would always have a cheat day or else I found myself miserable. If i ate more than i thought i should on non cheat days I would do extra excercises or play wii fit with my daughter to burn the additional calories.

This go around I plan to just cut back on what I am eating and try to get the healthiest option out of what I have and drink tons of water. My biggest thing I have given up lately was pop but I have found the flavors for the water make up for that! If i end up overeating or having a binge I will do some extra excercise and hope it all works out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search