April Chat

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Patty, hang in there. We all experience bumps in the road.

Jaime, when I was working it never failed that the weather would ruin my days off. How do these weather systems KNOW when it is YOUR day off???

So, I wanted to brag on my DH again.. ya'll remember he started weight watchers in January? He weighed himself yesterday and so far he has lost 30 pounds. We went shopping for him today because his pants were too big for him... He has gone from a 44 waist to a 38! He's really excited because now that he is driving for himself and planning his own stops it will be easier to get groceries (think produce!) instead of truck stop food. He's on the treadmill now- doing a walk/run!

So, kinda sorta related... do any of you have a rice cooker? Can you cook other stuff in them besides just rice? He wants to get one for his truck. I could google this but I'm too lazy!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry the rain is ruining your days off!

That's awesome for your DH! I have a steamer, which I can cook rice in, but I can cook other things too

Just finished my workout, feeling much better! Now I need to go update the challenges
April 10th, 2013, 05:11 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I had no idea you could cook other things besides rice in a rice cooker. Guess I never thought about it lol. My rice cooker has seen a lot of use over the last 13 years I've had it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

April 10th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Busy day here today! Not doing a lot in particular, but my to do list is a mile long!
April 10th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hi everybody, hope you are having a good day today.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today marks 5 days in a row of getting a workout in of some kind, woohoo!
Amy B. likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 10th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Meagan, that's good news!

We are leaving first thing in the a.m. to take DH back to his truck. Such a bummer but we can't afford home time now if he's going to take time off when Baby comes. So, anyway, I'm hoping we will be back before too late, but I probably won't be online tomorrow. Keep up the good work, ladies! I'll "see" ya on Friday!

April 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
We made good time, got home by 5pm. So I'm here. Where is everybody else??

April 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been terrible about keeping up with this thread! I hope you don't mind me just jumping right back in. Things have been crazy here this week....especially with the weather! I hope everyone is surviving the storms that have been going through! We went from 70 degree weather one day (Sunday I think) to 30 degree weather the next day. Monday/Monday night was really interesting. Everyone in this area was joking about Nebraska getting a "Blizznado" (tornado during a blizzard). Well...we had severe thunderstorms all over the area Monday with 2 cells (one to the south of us and one about 20 miles west of us) having tornadoes. Lots of pea size to golfball size hail too. Then, within hours, we were having a blizzard. Not too much snow, maybe about 3 inches, but there was lots of wind. I didn't sleep well at all Monday night as we live 30 minutes from the closest town, DH hasn't hooked up our severe weather scanner (going on 3 years now), and we just don't really have a good way of knowing if a tornado is in our area. So if there is bad weather, I just don't sleep well. We were surprised that Kendra had school Tuesday. We thought the roads would have been bad enough that they would have at least had a late start. Josh has been an absolute terror this week! I swear, if he pokes me in the butt one more time I am going to scream! LOL! Kendra's soccer practice got cancelled last minute yesterday as it was cold and really gusty. So we went out to eat (in the town that had the tornado) instead. Definitely ready for spring! DH is itching to get into the field! We also need the grass to green up for the cows...they are starting to run out of winter pasture. Guess that has been pretty much it here. Going to try and do a better job of keeping up with this thread.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey--That is crazy weather!

I noticed Jennifer mentioning her DH's success, so I wanted to mention mine too. He's been trying to lose weight and shape up for a few months now. He gets up every morning before work at 4:30 or 5 to either lift weights or run on the treadmill. Unfortunately, his weight is not going down, but I can tell he's firming up. He was showing off his arms the other day (he knows I have a thing for arms...LOL). I'm just happy he's sticking with it. Now...it's my turn to get back into the exercise routine in a few weeks.

I really want to walk on the treadmill. When I get the "okay" from my doctor to resume exercise, I want to do a bunch of other things. However, I just need to find time. I figure walking on the treadmill moderately should be okay after my c-section.

Have a good weekend!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

April 12th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Kelsey, glad you escaped the worst of the weather! We are getting blizzard-ish conditions today- high wind and heavy snow expected, maybe 6-10 inches by the time it is all done. So thanks for sharing your storm with us, Nebraska! LOL!

I miss DH, the first couple days he's gone are always toughest. It takes a bit of adjustment. When we start a new school week on Monday (we took this week off) it will start to go faster. But today I'm just kinda bummed, taking the morning "off". I will do a workout this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it, actually. I did it last week where I did 10-minute hill intervals on the TM and then hopped off to do some weighted circuits. It was fun, going to see if I can do 4-5 circuits and then a nice stretch since I have lots of time today.

April 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Amy - I have the same issue with finding time to do everything that I want to do. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Jen - (((HUGS))) That would be tough having DH gone. I know you will make it through. I hope you have a great workout with the extra time today!
Amy B. likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Amy, good for your DH. I have a "thing" for arms, too... Next opportunity I'm going to sneak some weights into my DH's truck.
Amy B. likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Well, two things I tried in the kitchen today that worked well, so thought I would share.

Night before last we ended up with extra mashed sweet potato- too much to feed out to the animals, not enough to feed the kids. So I used it today to make sweet potato bread... Whatever banana bread recipe you like to use, make it with sweet potato instead of mashed banana. It turned out really good, the kids ate the whole pan! This could also make nice muffins frosted with cream cheese frosting.

Tonight we were going to do fish patties, so I mixed up the stuff and spooned it into greased muffin tins, baked at 350 for about 30 or so minutes. So much better than frying, quicker and easier than forming individual patties. I think this would probably work for meatloaf or similar recipes, too, so long as your meat is very lean.

Anyway, happy Friday night to ya'll!

April 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Those are great ideas Jennifer! Thanks for sharing!

April 13th, 2013, 07:06 AM
It is still snowing! Yes, I know I am whining.

What are you guys fixing for dinner tonight? I haven't decided what we're going to have yet.

April 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
DH is making Spicy Italian penne tonight, so good, but not great for me
April 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Sounds yummy, Chantelle!

I hope everybody had a good weekend. Ready to get back at it tomorrow!!??

April 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I had a great weekend! The wienie roast was a lot of fun! It was great to spend time with my family! I did lose a little ground with my weightloss goal...but not too concerned about it. My in-laws are back from their winter home down South, so I'm super excited that I will be able to get a break from the kids this weekend and actually get some scrapbooking time!

April 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Kelsey, so glad you had a good weekend. Yay for kid-free time! Will they keep them overnight?

We've had a busy morning so far, nothing out of the ordinary. I have to go take DS to piano lessons here in a minute, got afternoon stuff to do, then Zumba tonight. I'll be back on later, though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search