April Chat

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Kelsey, Jess... you girls are doing great! What a good idea to have a reward there and waiting for you. I'm going to have to remember that!

Jaime, I'm so excited for you! Good luck finding the shirt you want. I hope you'll have lots of pics to share. Take good care!

AFM, just waiting for lunch to finish cooking. Nothing fancy, just cheesy potato soup, but it's one of those things that seems to take longer than it should, especially since it smells so darn good from the second the onion hits the pan!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess - You can do it!

Jaime - Wishing you the best of luck at your marathon! I'll be cheering you on from home! I hope you are able to find a shirt.

Jennifer - Mmmmm cheesy potato soup sounds super yummy!

AFM - I'm waiting for the guy to come finish up the duct work in our basement. He called about 9 this morning and said he would be out today...probably this afternoon because he was waiting on someone. He wasn't sure exactly what time though. Got my new foam mat for the exercise room just a couple minutes ago!! I'll have a nice 8 foot x 8 foot padded area to work on now instead of my small 4x6 mat! Was super tired this morning and totally lacked motivation to get my workout in this morning, so we will see if I get one in today. Won't be able to work out while the guy is here working on the vents. Maybe this evening.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
And because I'm excited, here's my shirt, with a little bit of bling I added:

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

April 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
^ ^ ^ LOVE it!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Love the shirt Jaime!!! Turned out great!!

April 26th, 2013, 12:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Love the shirt!

I'm very close to my reward, so excited! I'm getting a new tattoo when I hit goal #2! (154 lbs)
jhmomofmany likes this.
April 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Wow, Chantelle... What is your second goal? Do you have a design in mind yet?

What ya'll got going on this weekend?

Thomas has First Communion, so we have practice for that on Saturday morning and then church Saturday evening and again Sunday morning. I'm excited for him! The weather should be really nice, too!

April 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay Chantelle! You're so close!

Aww, I remember my First Communion

I have a Norwex party tomorrow (cleaning supplies), and we have a get-together with DH's family on Sunday. His grandma spends half her time in Canada and half her time in Croatia, she's leaving for 6 months on Monday so its her goodbye party. DH's cousin just had a baby on Monday, so there will be a newborn for me to snuggle!

4 more days of Jillian, and then I am doing some other videos...her voice is driving me bananas, but I like to know how close I am to the end (e.g. 5 more, 2 more etc.) so I need to keep her voice on

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 26th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Chantelle - Hooray for being so close to your reward!

Jennifer - Sounds like you will have a busy weekend. Hooray for nice weather!

Jess - 4 more days! You can do it! Jillian's voice drives me nuts too!

AFM - I pretty well cleared my schedule for the last 3 days as I was expecting the guy to come work on our duct work and the guy that was going to do our yard fence. The guy doing our duct work made it out late yesterday and spent about 20 minutes looking at what he needed to do then said he would be back out this morning to do the work.....he never showed up today. The guy doing the fence never showed up either. I was ticked!!! No phone call, nothing. I guess on the positive side, I had sent the kids down to the in-laws (so they wouldn't be under everyone's feet) so I got to enjoy a quiet day at the house. My 5 mile walk with Leslie earlier this evening really helped me feel better.

April 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Boo for people not showing up! That's very annoying there was no phone call either. We are putting in a fence soon, our neighbour is getting a hold of someone to put the posts in and then he and DH (and a few friends) are doing the rest on their own. Hope you find out why no one showed up!

My mom just gave me Jillian's Ripped in 30....think I'm going to start that next Monday (not tomorrow), and do 5 days a week and take weekends off. 30 days straight was a bit much, and I have to double up tomorrow since I skipped today.

I can't believe the challenge is done! It didn't seem like 28 days!

Jess
April 28th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Wow, Chantelle... What is your second goal? Do you have a design in mind yet?

My sound goal is actually my starting point from the last time I lost weight (2 babies so), 154 lbs. I'm planning on an anklet tattoo with my kids initials as charms.

I can't believe the challenge is over either! I'm a little sad about it!
jhmomofmany likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Jess - I hope that your fencing situation goes a lot smoother than mine is!

Chantelle - Sounds like a super cute tattoo!

I'm sad about the challenge being over too. It was so much fun!! It was also super motivating!! I can't believe how fast it went! Where did April go?

I think I've figured out my goal for May and what I want to do as a reward. It's going to take me a little while to get to my reward this time...maybe a couple of months. I'm also planning on taking "before" and "after" pictures this month to see if I can see a difference. I took my measurements today (1st time since January) and did see a change in some areas! My biceps and calves didn't change, but my neck was down .25 inches, wrists were down .25 inches, waist was down an inch, hips were down .5 inches, and thighs were down .25 inches. I'm down 4.2 pounds since January as well.
jhmomofmany likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Kelsey! That's amazing!!!! I totally encourage taking pics, its a huge motivator. I can't wait to take my pics on Wednesday to compare to my before pictures for 30DS. And measurements.

That's such a sweet idea for your tattoo Chantelle! I don't have any tattoos, I'm super scared lol, although once I'm done having children, I think I'd like to do something.

I didn't do 30DS yesterday since it was the last rest day for squats, so going to do it twice today, and once more tomorrow and I am DONE!

Oh and I posted an AWESOME recipe in the recipe subforum - its for energy bites - they are delish!

Jess
April 29th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Awesome work, Kelsey! I really need to do new measurements, I haven't taken them in a couple of months.

How awesome that you're so close to being done 30DS! Tattoos aren't bad at all, I'm one of those crazies that enjoy getting them. I have two so far

I need to come up with some May goals, I haven't given it much thought yet..
April 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Well, Chantelle, I hope you are able to get #3 soon.

I have one tatoo, but you would never know it. It wasn't done very well and faded so much that it's really hard to see. I'm kinda glad, it's not a design I would still like now anyway. So let that be a lesson to you, children: If a friend offers to bring over his tattoo gun and all it will cost you is a 12-pack of beer... DON'T DO IT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search