April Chat

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Where did March go? Anyway, I want to start this chat saying to new members and hi to the veterans. Our March chat kinda fell by the wayside- maybe we can keep this one going. It's such a nice way to keep in touch!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope we can keep this one up, I love chat threads

Did a body weight circuit at home this morning, and I'm going to the gym tonight for cardio!
April 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
I did a video I got from Netflix, Moms Into Fitness. I've done it before and wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Today I was even less impressed, guess it just isn't for me.

We are still waiting to hear how soon DH will be coming home. It has been very frustrating, since he finished his training right before the Easter weekend, he had to wait. So he's basically stuck, not getting paid, until he gets assigned a route. We are all ready for him to get some home time!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 2nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer - I hope that your DH gets a route assignment really soon so he can go home!

AFM - Been dealing with an extra clingy, moody 2 year old today. Not sure what is causing Josh to act like that. DH tried to help me at lunch by holding him for a while and he just screamed bloody murder! He never has liked DH to hug me, but it is even worse today. Talk about crocodile tears when DH gave me a hug. So haven't made it down to do my workout yet today. Didn't get one in yesterday either as I was catching up on housework (after being gone most of Easter Break) and setting up Josh's new twin bed. Maybe the new bed and new room arrangement have something to do with his mood today? Kendra has her first soccer game this Thursday. Looking forward to that! Guess I should get off of here and go get my workout in.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
I hope he gets assigned soon, Jennifer!

I hope your DS is in a better mood soon, Kelsey, we've had a few moods like that from my almost 2yo lately here too!

Getting the kids tucked in and heading to the gym shortly..
April 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Kelsey, no telling what it might be but days like that sure are difficult. I hope you get your workout time in.

Chantelle, have fun at the gym!

April 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chantelle - Have fun at the gym!

Got my workout in. Waited until Kendra got home from school so that she could play with Josh and keep him entertained while I worked out.......doubt I do that again anytime soon. That was the most stressful workout I think I have ever done! Trying out a new video and Josh screaming at his sister (all the while Kendra is apologizing to him for whatever she did). I almost gave up during the stretch to come upstairs and see what was going on, but pushed through it. On the other hand, I feel great....my thighs and but are burning from the exercises I did. Need to up my hand weights for the arms/chest section of the video. Abs...If I am able to concentrate harder on the muscles then I will feel them more (too many distractions today ). Time to get off of here now and get the kids fed and ready for bed.
jhmomofmany likes this.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
I'm glad you were able to get your workout in!

Had a great cardio workout at the gym, now I'm going to watch some tv with DH and head to bed!
jhmomofmany likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Morning Everyone

Hope everyone has a great day!! My day has already started out crazy but I am in a good mood and just glad to be here!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Morning! I hope your day calms down!

I'm at work today, heading out to lunch with a couple of my cousins in a bit.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I'm never good with chat threads because I think I have ADHD. LOL. I have a hard time keeping up with them because they get so long sometimes and I can't keep up. BUT I'm going to try to stay up with this thread.

I have a ton to do today but I'm going to get my cardio in today no matter what and try to do today's challenges. I got so busy yesterday I never did any of the challenges and I didn't even get my workout logged and it was an hour and a half long!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Well, I'm just going to jump right in!

I did my workout already this morning! I prefer working out in the morning rather later in the day...I just lose steam and I find I have more energy to carry me through the day if I do it in the morning. I closed the curtains in our living room while I did my workout (we back out onto a busy road and I'm self conscious about people watching me), and opened them after to 3cm of snow! In about 40 minutes! I thought it was supposed to be spring! Needless to say, we won't be going for a walk this afternoon if this keeps up!
pattyandthemoos likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Boo for snow!! I am ready for the warm weather to get here and stay!
April 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Well, I'm just going to jump right in!

I did my workout already this morning! I prefer working out in the morning rather later in the day...I just lose steam and I find I have more energy to carry me through the day if I do it in the morning. I closed the curtains in our living room while I did my workout (we back out onto a busy road and I'm self conscious about people watching me), and opened them after to 3cm of snow! In about 40 minutes! I thought it was supposed to be spring! Needless to say, we won't be going for a walk this afternoon if this keeps up!
I keep saying that I want to workout in the morning. Not really because of losing steam though. I have found that exercising really helps my moods and I think if I did it in the mornings my mood would be better during the rest of the day. But, I have things I have to get done in the mornings so I usually just can't until the afternoon.
Jessimaaka likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I usually get a better nap out of my son in the morning, so it works best for my schedule. Its either that, or later at night, and then I have trouble sleeping. I don't know how this will shake out once I return to work...my son wakes up anywhere between 5 and 6:30...I'm not getting up any earlier to do it!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
I will also say boo to snow! We haven't gotten any new in a while but there is still probably about 3 feet on the ground. We got down to 3 degrees F last night! I'm so tired of being cold and wearing long sleeves all the time!

WTG everybody who's on the ball this morning! We got the kids' school done and I'm mostly done with my housework for today. Zumba this evening!

April 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a morning person so I always do my workouts in the morning. Plus if I wait until DH and the kids wake up I will never find the time to workout. so I get up in the morning while every one else is still sleeping and get my workout in. Always makes my day so much better because I have so much more energy plus I know that I've really accomplished something already for the day. then I scramble us up some eggs!!

does everybody here always try to eat breakfast?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 3rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
If i could manage to get in the routine again I used to do a dvd exercise before work last year but got out of the habbit. I have been walking and doing the elliptical after dinner.

I have to eat breakfast because of the Depression/Anxiety medication I am on. if i dont eat breakfast it makes me sick for the whole day.
April 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
I waffle on the breakfast issue.

*groan*

I make sure to eat breakfast when I'm pregnant, but I'm really bad about it when I'm not. I'm just not usually hungry in the morning.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes eating breakfast when pregnant is a must. I know for me especially in the beginning I would have to eat before I even got out of bed or my morning sickness would be torture.

Jennifer are you over the morning sickness?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search